Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 11:33 PM

Re: Dentist Fear or No

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is that safe, Floydy - alcohol with pain killers?
Yes, why not Mups? What's going to happen? It's only three bottles, not a case of whiskey. I'll still be here in the morning
Remember this?:
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 12:04 AM

When we had phone books, dentists used to be listed next to demolition. With good reason. Too many poorly skilled and downright sinister dentists out there. It's not well regulated. Best to look after your teeth as well as possible and avoid them. Always get a second opinion on major work. I've avoided two root canals as a result.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 12:24 AM

When I was a kid I dreaded the dentist and the gas. they used to have a big hand turned wheel driving the small wheel drilling tip until they got a more modern but not now the latest bit of kit.

Strangely enough I used to hate even the smell of coffee, but when i was coming out of the gas knockout I was given a cup and now I actually prefer it to tea.

AS i said earlier i have never experienced such pain when I had to go into hospital,the dentist needle into the gum is a walkover
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 03:00 AM

After what I’ve been through in life the dentist is nothing
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes, why not Mups? What's going to happen? It's only three bottles, not a case of whiskey. I'll still be here in the morning
Remember this?:
oh God, yeah, IS IT SAFE . Couldn't watch
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 02:03 PM

The worst dentist l ever had was in uk, aged about 28
I went to have a back tooth removed and the dentist was a young
Aussie from the outback, who ended up with the chair allmost
fully reclined and his knee firmly pushing my chest down whilst
he held my head down and pulled the tooth up with the other
hand!! Strangely this did not put me off dentists, but l have never
trusted Ozzies since??
Regards Donkeyman!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
The dentist I was talking about was when we lived in Spain, it was in Antequerra.
Gosh what an awful experience for you, LQ.

My sister lives near Antequera. I wonder if it’s where she goes to?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 04:41 PM

This will make you wince.

I once went to have the nerve removed from a 'dead' tooth. He drilled the tooth, no problem but then clamped the nerve with tweezers..... all without an injection. He had forgotten to do it!!

Naively, I thought that as the tooth was 'dead', it wouldn't hurt, so didn't say anything. I was very, very wrong.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top