Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 04:16 AM

Re: An Image of Mental Health

Mags, what an important family heirloom you now share! Your granddaughter is exceptionally talented, and you have every right to be proud and so deeply moved.

There is so much being learned about the brain these days. You have my sincerest wishes that the cause of her anxiety can be found and that she can be effectively treated. My daughter is just a little older than your granddaughter and just recently started college after missing seven years of public school, with all the social milestones of her teenage years. I can tell you without hesitation, that even the most debilitating conditions can eventually be treated in a way that leads to happy, healthy outcomes. All good things to you, to her, and to the rest of your family.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:18 AM

Love it!

Wanted to find out more, so googled ...

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/6...ctims-and-kids
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 08:41 AM

Music? They call it Black Metal.

Lots of people on Imgur, an image hosting site, don't believe it!

https://imgur.com/gallery/zEQOhGP
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 08:48 AM

The drawing really hits you doesn't it . Poor soul.

Mags what an amazing talented granddaughter you have . I wish her well .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Very interesting what you found d00d.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 07:09 PM

Wow!....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 07:11 PM

That’s really amazing Mags. Truly.
Oddly enough I can relate to her fear of being around people.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My Granddaughter has been unable to go to school since she was 12 as she has acute anxiety and is unable to face other people. I love her dearly but she is unable to see me face to face, we do however have contact through iMessage. She has missed out on a lot of her education although tutors came to her house and left work for her to do.

I was amazed a few days ago when she messaged me a photo of her latest drawing .... a drawing of my Great Grandmother which she did from a photo I had given her ....

It brought tears to my eyes that with her condition she could produce a drawing like this.

I can understand your feelings at seeing what your granddaughter has produced there Mags.
So sad she is locked in the world she is when she has such depth of feeling, ability and flair.

A picture to treasure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Puddle Duck;1800318]I think this picture explains everything that so many suffer and maybe it helps us understand more. So much pain !

A mental patient in a psychotic state drew this only hours before taking his own life.

Puddles, I can't look at that picture formore than a second or two, I find it very disturbing and have to look away.

Isn't it strange how things affect us sometimes.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;1802075

Puddles, I can't look at that picture formore than a second or two, I find it very disturbing and have to look away.

Isn't it strange how things affect us sometimes.[/QUOTE]

It affects me too, Mups, and deeply. .. I don't think it's strange because that person knew how to translate something horrific that normally we can't understand.
It must impact on many and gives the message of total agony. Very powerful.
If that's how it feels, who would want to live with it ?
No peace, I would imagine, and the brain can't switch off.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top