Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Headaches

I’ve been getting quite a few headaches recently, at least since June, nothing like migraine or anything like that, just a dull pain, sometimes it gets worse and taking tablets won’t shift it, anyway I went to the doctor last week who took my blood pressure which was a little high, he arranged a blood test, which I had today, the nurse again took my blood pressure 3 times to get an average an£ it was still a little high, I have another appointment with the doctor who will discuss the results, but the nurse said they will ring me if it’s anything serious!,!,, what,!! So if my phone goes before the 4th, ( my appointment) , I will be beside myself, I’m hoping it’s just stress related, which the doctor seems to think this is the case.....but now I’m panicking...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Re: Headaches

Don't panic Primus!

My doctor is concerned about my bone density so is sending me for a scan. She has also arranged for me to have a blood test, to check if I am low in any vitamin or mineral & will phone me if the results say I am.

This is just to check if there is any reason my bone density could be lower than it should be...... so I am pleased that she is doing a good job to find the right treatment.

You should be happy that your doctor wants to know what is causing your headaches and trying to prevent them in future, with the right treatment.

Please don't worry as the stress will make your headaches worse!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Thanks twink, I know I shouldn’t worry but I can’t help it, I’ve also handed in my notice at work, but haven’t as yet, got a start date for my new job, then there’s the worry of have I done the right thing..no wonder I’m stressed...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:37 PM

yes, it's probably stress related. Try not to worry too much as that will raise your bp more. My niece had dangerously high, and I mean very high bp indeed and was hospitalised but she is now on medication and her bp has come right down and she is fine. You may need medication Primus to stabilize the bp.

I've been on BP meds since I was 22 years old and I'm fine, you will be too.

The doctor will have run the blood tests just to make sure nothing underlying causing the bp problem but that's routine so don't worry about that either.

I probably is the anxiety of changing jobs but once you are settled in your new job you may well find it goes back to normal.

Whatever, I agree with Twinky, be assured your doctor is doing their job.

Try not to worry, because worry is no good for us and no matter how much we worry Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be.

Take care now x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Thanks twink, I know I shouldn’t worry but I can’t help it, I’ve also handed in my notice at work, but haven’t as yet, got a start date for my new job, then there’s the worry of have I done the right thing..no wonder I’m stressed...
I am not sure if you have a partner, or maybe a friend who can adopt a positive attitude, but perhaps talking to somebody would help.
My positive approach to getting cancer 8 years ago has really helped towards me still being here cancer free. That was my consultants opinion, not mine!
It may help to remember that Twink said..... DON'T WORRY or I will come round to tell you off..... and that is much worse than being ill!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 07:22 PM

I’ve been getting quite a few headaches recently, at least since June, nothing like migraine or anything like that, just a dull pain, sometimes it gets worse and taking tablets won’t shift it, anyway I went to the doctor last week who took my blood pressure which was a little high, he arranged a blood test, which I had today, the nurse again took my blood pressure 3 times to get an average and it was still a little high, I have another appointment with the doctor who will discuss the results, but the nurse said they will ring me if it’s anything serious!,!,, what,!! So if my phone goes before the 4th, ( my appointment) , I will be beside myself, I’m hoping it’s just stress related, which the doctor seems to think this is the case.....but now I’m panicking...
If there was anything seriously wrong with your blood pressure then my experience is that you would be put on medication there and then. I signed on at a new surgery when I moved here, during the MoT checkup my blood pressure was giving concern to the nurse so she called in a GP. She said they would be neglecting in their care of me if they let me out without first putting me on medication for my very high blood pressure!

It seemed that my blood pressure was really high, often with this there are no symptoms or there can be headaches but I had nothing at all. It could well have been like that for 10 years as I had not been checked for all that time, I was never unwell so never went to the doctor's. Here I am some 12 years' later and still on medication for high blood pressure, which is now and has for a long time been completely OK.

You will be concerned, that's not unusual but personally I wouldn't worry too much, just wait and see what transpires. Stress is one cause and that can be dealt with, either by you or with some help if you need it. Worrying is not going to change it and if it's due to stress, could possibly make things worse. I hope all is found to be OK and if there is a problem lots of people have problems and live alright with them, me included.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 08:27 PM

As others are saying, try not to worry so much Primus.
I know that's easier said that done, but it's not helping anything.
Chances are it is nothing serious at all, and you will be getting yourself in a state about nothing, which won't do you any favours.

Just one thought, I don't suppose you are aware of grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw a lot, are you? That will cause headaches.

Now then - about the job change.
Have you got to work a week's notice, or a month perhaps?
If you have already given notice, could you perhaps contact the new people on Monday and tell them you have given notice so would appreciate a start date please. Tell them you have things to arrange.

If they sort that out, at least that's one thing out the way at least.
Keep us posted, won't you.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 08:56 PM

I go along with the general consensus here and say that it's most probably stress. It could be your blood pressure. Or do you do a lot on the computer or look at screens for long periods without a break? How's your eyes?..Eye strain can cause rotten headaches. Also sometimes too many fatty foods. Lots of things. For the stress, maybe you should try some simple relaxation exercises. If you do them regularly they really make a difference. If nothing works then maybe you should ask your GP to refer you for a scan. JUst to be safe.
Primus1
York

25-10-2019, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the replies all

I’ve had my eyes tested last year and have some new glasses
We have cut out a lot of fatty foods and meats,
I’ve given my notice already and will leave on the 13th November, I’m waiting for my DBS check to go through, there’s nothing to worry about there as I’ve had loads of these checks before without problems
I guess I’ll just have to put it out of my mind until I know more, it’s probably nothing and can be sorted with meds.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:05 PM

Thanks for the replies all

I’ve had my eyes tested last year and have some new glasses
We have cut out a lot of fatty foods and meats,
I’ve given my notice already and will leave on the 13th November, I’m waiting for my DBS check to go through, there’s nothing to worry about there as I’ve had loads of these checks before without problems
I guess I’ll just have to put it out of my mind until I know more, it’s probably nothing and can be sorted with meds.

That's the ticket, sunshine.
All will work out, you see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top