Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:24 PM

Re: Are Our Lives Controlled By Time?

It's time I sampled a bottle of that stout.

Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:25 PM

I must admit I have a dislike of unpunctuality. Of course there may be an odd occasion when something unexpected occurs, resulting in being delayed. However, someone who is constantly late is as good as saying that they consider their time to be more important than mine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
The wrist mounted ones were a bit impractical.........
Very funny! Besoeker.
I can’t think why they were impractical to a Stone-age ‘He-man’
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It's time I sampled a bottle of that stout.

Have you got time?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Have you got time?
I will make time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I must admit I have a dislike of unpunctuality. Of course there may be an odd occasion when something unexpected occurs, resulting in being delayed. However, someone who is constantly late is as good as saying that they consider their time to be more important than mine.
LT, I used to be late for everything. I am much better these days!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:11 PM

Yes we are ruled by time, as kids I’m sure everyone on here played out all day during the school holidays with no concept of time, but back at school you were constantly clock watching, ( I was anyway), you had to get up at a certain time to go to school, come home for lunch ( if you didn’t stay for school lunch) go back for the afternoon, then leave to go home, tea was usually when your mum and dad came home from work, at a set time, then off to bed ready to do it all again, then of course you start work, ruled by time again, even more so,
I could happily throw out all my time keeping devices, and get up when I like eat when I’m hungry, and sleep when I’m tired, I doubt this will be possible though, as years of clock watching and being ruled by time is permanently indoctrinated in me..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I am the same Last Tango.... a real stickler for punctuality......but then I have always had to live with time.

Just think , in the days before clocks I bet men could get away with coming home at any time they liked!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:34 PM

So what did people do before clocks were invented?
Stonehenge.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:42 PM

So what did people do before clocks were invented?
Relied on the sun, their stomachs and thirst, and the moon
Arty! And how many pisses you take!
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top