Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 10:56 AM

Re: Why can't people ...

I received a text from the Queen saying she was going to pop round yesterday. Did she turn up?.... No!

I even went out early to get some Mr Kipling fondant fancies.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:09 AM

Oh yes I know what you all mean . If I say I'm going to do something I DO IT . If I make a promise I KEEP IT . But others dont do the same .

I sometimes have open house or girls days a couple of times a year on a Sunday. I make lovely food the the number who are DEFINITELY coming at the arranged time of 12noon through till whenever sometimes as many as 8 or 10 . The last time 2 forgot the day and 1 arrived about 2pm and then a couple left early after lunch to visit someone else .

Dont get me wrong but if I'm invited for the day by a good friend to share with others I make the time I have promised to be there . I just dont understand how other people think . Those who stay the day always say it's great to spend time with each other but I guess others have better things to do
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I even went out early to get some Mr Kipling fondant fancies.

No wonder she never turned up!....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:14 AM

I have just had a thought....

I have let people down in the past...so I guess that makes me rude and inconsiderate ..."so be it".....I knew I should have kept my mouth shut..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
No wonder she never turned up!....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Would you be able to let them know..in a polite way..how upset you were,over this?
Well, I have emailed C to ask if all is well. Her son is a Police Office - so anything could have happened.

As for D & L - thought about telephoning them but decided not to - better just one of us upset rather than three! Might mention it in a jokey way next time they suggest dropping in tea.

I can assure you,I have also had a good old moan at times in the past.
Can be quite cathartic, Pauline, even if I only moan at the cats!

I like to think the best of people as well....but it's not always possible.....
LOL - ain't that the truth!

Because some are b.....y rude and inconsiderate
But it is not always intentional - sometimes it is just thoughtlessness.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:29 AM

I’m like susan m, if l say l will do something, l will do it. I never let people down. I would feel dreadful and would be apologising profusely.

As you say, ST, some people don’t think but I can’t understand why they didn’t ring to let you know what was happening?
It’s a bit ignorant if you ask me.

Anyway, it means, more cakes for you!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:36 AM

One of my friends doesn't think twice of letting me down, it happened again today. She text me last night asking if i.d go swimming with her today and as I had nothing planned I said yes. Just got a message can't swim today i.m going out for the day. I get she would rather go out with her family than with me but she does it a lot. I m gonna say no next time. I.m fed up of being let down.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-11-2019, 01:59 PM

In all my time working for people, I only ever let one woman down and it still bothers me years later. She was in the middle of cancer treatment and I promised I would do a job for her and would contact her but lost her number and she never phoned me back.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 07:27 AM

One of my DILs lets me ( and almost everyone else ) down every time .
And worse she does it by messenger of text about an hour before )
Result no one bothers with her anymore .
It’s sad she is depressed and unhappy but as it is impossible to make any sort of arrangement with her people have given up.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top