Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 05:26 PM

Re: Age discrimination

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
You should have lied about your age.
I loved that Tiffany! LOL!
Donkeyman!!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I did, I said I was 27. She said "I want your age not the year you were born"
I love it more!! LOL!LOL!
Donkeyman!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:51 PM

There's a 90 something bloke up in the bush here who is still holding his own on the shearing floor. Slowed down a bit since he was a twenty one year old gun but still earns his keep. I'd give you a job in a blink mate.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:53 PM

BBen, lt makes my blood boil that we are judged by our age.
I play Scrabble with a friend of mine who is 92. He doesn’t look 92, he doesn’t act 92. He looks about 75.

He has written a book about his life and it is so interesting. He went to a public school and a boarding school. He was a Paratrooper and an Army Officer. He was an Architect and won awards for his designs. He was Head Of Planning and a Town Planner. He was the President of the Rotary Club. He drives a sporty saloon.
He is the most charismatic person l have ever met and l stare transfixed as he narrates his experiences in life.

Yet, if he applied for a job (not that he needs one!), he would be written off from the outset, all because of the year he was born.

It makes me so mad.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 02:55 AM

Our local branch of Morrisons is advertising for drivers to carry out home delivery.
I applied for one of the posts and was told I am too old. I am 92. Can I sue for age discrimination? No, I thought not.
If they told you the reason they would not employ you was because of your age then yes you can take them to the Fair Work Tribunal, You just live in the wrong country.

https://www.antidiscrimination.justi...-and-employers

In NSW, employers must not treat job applicants and employees unfairly or harass them because of their:

disability
homosexuality
marital or domestic status
race
sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding)
transgender status

It is also against the law to treat people unfairly or harass them because of the age, disability, homosexuality, marital or domestic status, race, sex or transgender status of any relative, friend or colleague of a job applicant or employee.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 07:23 AM

Hi

It has advantages, in a few weeks I will be totally free of work.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I play Scrabble with a friend of mine who is 92. He doesn’t look 92, he doesn’t act 92. He looks about 75.

He has written a book about his life and it is so interesting. He went to a public school and a boarding school. He was a Paratrooper and an Army Officer. He was an Architect and won awards for his designs. He was Head Of Planning and a Town Planner. He was the President of the Rotary Club. He drives a sporty saloon.
He is the most charismatic person l have ever met and l stare transfixed as he narrates his experiences in life.

Yet, if he applied for a job (not that he needs one!), he would be written off from the outset, all because of the year he was born.

It makes me so mad.
He’s sounds lovely Art .
I bet if he took a job he would do it well too.
I bet one would turn down David Attenborough for being 93.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 07:36 AM

Our local branch of Morrisons is advertising for drivers to carry out home delivery.
I applied for one of the posts and was told I am too old. I am 92. Can I sue for age discrimination? No, I thought not.
Were you able to walk down "Market Street".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I always laugh when the self-service scanner starts throwing a fit when I put though a bottle of beer "Please wait for assistance!" I ask the assistant how she can tell that I'm over 18.
I'd love to see that happen to you, Ben!
That happens with razors too Floydy. The woman has to come over and confirm my age. I asked her if they thought I might shave myself to death.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

It makes me so mad.
All very well, but how often does he win at scrabble?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top