Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 11:18 AM

Re: Age discrimination

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That happens with razors too Floydy. The woman has to come over and confirm my age. I asked her if they thought I might shave myself to death.
I've often wondered why nail clippers can't be carried in hand luggage on aeroplanes. Nor really sure how the threat of a manicure/pedicure could be construed as an act of terrorism.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
All very well, but how often does he win at scrabble?
V O L T A R O L =11pts

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 12:41 PM

I've often wondered why nail clippers can't be carried in hand luggage on aeroplanes. Nor really sure how the threat of a manicure/pedicure could be construed as an act of terrorism.
Have you seen some people's feet?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Our local branch of Morrisons is advertising for drivers to carry out home delivery.
I applied for one of the posts and was told I am too old. I am 92. Can I sue for age discrimination? No, I thought not.
Wow.
Did you seriously apply?
Wow! That’s impressive that you are 92 and cognitive enough to be coherent on this forum. If you still drive you are doubly blessed.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
BBen, lt makes my blood boil that we are judged by our age.
I play Scrabble with a friend of mine who is 92. He doesn’t look 92, he doesn’t act 92. He looks about 75.

He has written a book about his life and it is so interesting. He went to a public school and a boarding school. He was a Paratrooper and an Army Officer. He was an Architect and won awards for his designs. He was Head Of Planning and a Town Planner. He was the President of the Rotary Club. He drives a sporty saloon.
He is the most charismatic person l have ever met and l stare transfixed as he narrates his experiences in life.

Yet, if he applied for a job (not that he needs one!), he would be written off from the outset, all because of the year he was born.

It makes me so mad.
He sounds very interesting. Scrabble at 92. That’s incredible too.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Wow.
Did you seriously apply?
Wow! That’s impressive that you are 92 and cognitive enough to be coherent on this forum. If you still drive you are doubly blessed.
It was only said in jest. There is one checkout lady that I have banter with as she tells me when I do my shopping that I should have come yesterday as everything was at half price then., It,s the same when I take my car to the filling station "You should have come yesterday, it was all free then" This makes me thing Was I born unlucky?
I do still drive and am not the least bit nervous of so doing though I do tend to avoid the motorway. I took my driving test in February 1945 and have never had to make a claim and have never had a claim made against me., In my time I have driven buses, lorries, tanks and armoured cars on the public roads. Although I am getting on a bit am still young at heart. My doctor has told me more than once that I have a 40 year old brain in a 92 year old body. Mind you I have given up things like playing Football and Rugby.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
V O L T A R O L =11pts

Longy, As long as it isn’t ...... V I A G R A.....l don’t care!
I make that 10 points!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
He sounds very interesting. Scrabble at 92. That’s incredible too.
Yes Bratti....and he does the Daily Telegraph cryptic crossword every day.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-11-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He’s sounds lovely Art .
I bet if he took a job he would do it well too.
I bet one would turn down David Attenborough for being 93.
He is a lovely man, Muddy.

It does make you think that all these new ages given to older people are true... You know...
60 is the new 40.
70 is the new 50.
I would say, 90 is the new 70!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-11-2019, 03:48 PM

All very well, but how often does he win at scrabble?
Dext, it’s probably about equal. I would say you are only as good as the letters you get and the opportunity on the board. Three others play as well.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top