Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 09:21 AM

Cleaning

As you get older?

Are you still managing ok?
....do you share the cleaning tasks ?
Men IMO aren't very good at it....
Do you have a lady/gent,who cleans for you....as you can't manage it yourself...or even a family member?

I dread the thought of not being able to do my own cleaning..it could happen though...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Re: Cleaning

I clean as I go Pauline. When I've cooked a meal I clean after . Same with the shower etc. Change bed fortnightly ( theres only me ) I dont have cleaning days I'm quite chilled but now you've reminded me I'll vacuum today .

Years ago I was a home help for social services . The old folk who i went to were fanatic about cleaning they had homes that were so clean even before i went in for my 2 hours i was often vacuuming spotlessly clean floors . I often wondered why i was there as it was for support when ill or too elderly to do it themselves. Then of course I'd go to poor lonely old folk who really needed the help . Not a job I enjoyed
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Since retiring, we as a married couple have shared the cleaning tasks, but now at 76 and since my wife suffered a devastating fall early Feb, most of the cleaning rests in my hands and I'm not coping to a good enough standard that would stand close scrutiny.
I did try one Mrs Mop but she would not adopt our old fashioned cleaning methods and old fashioned cleaning products (soda & vinegar etc), so we parted company before she started.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:12 AM

I do most of it. Mrs mart does some when she feels up to it but only the parts that can be dusted or cleaned from wheelchair height.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:28 AM

We both do the cleaning. Granted, Mrs. F does most of the general kitchen wiping down things stuff and I can't do dusting. I hate moving all those stupid little ornament things out of the way and back again.

I do the vacuuming, the bathroom and all my own ironing.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:34 AM

You mention,ironing....many men were in service.

My friends husband was....his ironing was much better than mine....why are some men,so good at ironing?.....they must have enjoyed it..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-11-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Since retiring, we as a married couple have shared the cleaning tasks, but now at 76 and since my wife suffered a devastating fall early Feb, most of the cleaning rests in my hands and I'm not coping to a good enough standard that would stand close scrutiny.
I did try one Mrs Mop but she would not adopt our old fashioned cleaning methods and old fashioned cleaning products (soda & vinegar etc), so we parted company before she started.

LD....what do you clean your windows with...the solution?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You mention,ironing....many men were in service.

My friends husband was....his ironing was much better than mine....why are some men,so good at ironing?.....they must have enjoyed it..
I'm fantastic at ironing Pauline and yes, I learnt that from being in the RAF I guess. It's not something I particularly enjoy but I just get on with it and it takes me about two hours. I only iron my own clothes though and it's about once a month when I can't get anymore t-shirts in the basket!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
LD....what do you clean your windows with...the solution?
Pauline, You talking about cleaning windows reminded me that, on your recommendation, l bought a Karcher VW 6 Premium window cleaner ......but l don’t know what’s, what and how to use it!

It’s all charged up and nowhere to go!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Cleaning windows? Warm water, my hands and a cloth!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top