Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:06 AM

Re: Life In The Year 2100?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
They will probably be still trying to escape from eurofilth!
Europe will cease to exist as a geopolitical unit in 2049. This will be after the fall of capitalism.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Or perhaps the turning on it's head is a part of destiny? It's interesting though isn't it that if there are laws of nature that do not sway from their path then we could be very much locked into a certain future which we can do nothing to influence.

It's very much an Eastern philosophy to just accept what comes because going against the flow just causes you pain. Very much opposed by Nietzsche of course, but then he did go mad in the end.
Thought is much about mitigating the period of madness.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:48 PM

Predictions are nearly always completely wrong.
Remember school essays " What will life be like in the year 2000"
Flying cars, wearing jumpsuits, eating meals in pill form. What became of that?
Instead we got the WWW, smart phones, social media.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:55 PM

Having just returned from the year 2100, thanks to my time machine, I can tell you that the new prime minister tristran Abbott Johnson, has negotiated another extension to the 31st of May, this is to allow the last remaining three feet of what was Ireland, to completely disappear under the rising water , thus finally solving the Irish backstop
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Ted, it is a thought isn't it , quite worrying for our future generations , I do get concerned for my grandchildren but realise Its out of my control. Even though i wont be affected and be glad to be put of it doesn't mean to say i dont care for the future .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by primus1 ->
having just returned from the year 2100, thanks to my time machine, i can tell you that the new prime minister tristran abbott johnson, has negotiated another extension to the 31st of may, this is to allow the last remaining three feet of what was ireland, to completely disappear under the rising water , thus finally solving the irish backstop

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Ted, it is a thought isn't it , quite worrying for our future generations , I do get concerned for my grandchildren but realise Its out of my control. Even though i wont be affected and be glad to be put of it doesn't mean to say i dont care for the future .
I'm the same.

We hear a lot about Global warming but not much about planning for a lifestyle that far forward.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

10-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Predictions are nearly always completely wrong.
Remember school essays " What will life be like in the year 2000"
Flying cars, wearing jumpsuits, eating meals in pill form. What became of that?
Instead we got the WWW, smart phones, social media.
Maybe Space travel, and population of other planets, might be a solution?

We'd just need some washable space suits and very heavy boots (to keep us on the ground).
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 02:26 PM

The Earth will become one global Islamic caliphate thus taking us all back to the stone age. This will suit the Extinction Rebellion lot because there'll be no more man-made global warming.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

10-11-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The Earth will become one global Islamic caliphate thus taking us all back to the stone age. This will suit the Extinction Rebellion lot because there'll be no more man-made global warming.
True.

If you look back, there's always been a Religion which exercises control over us.

As one is winding down, another is peaking.

Maybe, sometime in the next era, they may be overthrown?

People do seem to listen to Preachers, though, always have, maybe always will.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top