Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 06:07 PM

Re: Boycott Crackers

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It's the cheap plastic "gifts" inside dongles
I suppose if you're buying good quality crackers with proper useful objects inside then you're good to go!
Never bought the cheap carp.

Tbh, that's probably why we have not bought them for years because to get decent 'gifts' you have to pay a lot of money.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 06:37 PM

We haven't had crackers for years. It started not to be when the dog hated the noise & after she went we never bothered with them again.
I have got 3 boxes of Wade crackers never opened though.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:47 AM

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a pop at Sir Geoffrey Boycott, our greatest living Yorkshireman! Mind you, the bugger's moving to Cheshire, (to be near his daughter), so he might be crackers after all !
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It's the cheap plastic "gifts" inside dongles
I suppose if you're buying good quality crackers with proper useful objects inside then you're good to go!
I'm sure I remember some company setting empty crackers a few years ago (apart from the hat and silly joke), which meant you can put your own stuff in them. Not seen them for a while though.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:28 AM

Hi

Once a year is fine.

It does not destroy the Planet, but Great Fun.

I am a Scientist, I do believe that we are contributing to Climate Change.

I also agree with OGF, we cannot defeat Nature, we can slow it, but not stop it, what will be will be.

We are due another Ice Age, Global warming is just a precedence of that.

The tables will turn, we will be the Economic Migrants.

We can delay it, we cannot stop it.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 10:09 AM

I love crackers at Christmas , I buy cheapies and am not bothered with *gifts* just like a hat .
They are fun IMO .
lol,lol
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 10:13 AM

Ban Christmas crackers .... yet chop down a christmas tree and then throw it in the skip ...

I'm not boycotting anything except Sky News and the BBC.

I see the point with crackers though. Those plastic toys are just worthless junk for landfill and throwing in the sea. I would be happier having a funnier joke instead.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top