Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 06:39 PM

Re: Living too long

Originally Posted by muddy ->
so do i tiff .

People do sometimes give up and lose the will to live .

https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...es-giveupitis/
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 07:25 PM

I think you can outlive this world and feel you dont belong anymore or have had enough . I've spoken with many who say I dont belong anymore or I'm tired of it all . I do not want a long life . I also feel our brains and minds can decline our memories fade and physically we slow up and find pain kicks in .

Even those who I've met who kept fit and well have kicked the bucket so that's no guarantee.

I shan't be hanging around
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 07:30 PM

When I reach my alloted span ,that is when I will go [like it or not ]
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 08:28 PM

I think some people want to shuffle off their mortal coil not because their bodies have worn out or they are in insufferable pain, but because of negative mental attitude...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 08:51 PM

Death is bad, under any circumstance, especially if you are there, at the time.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think some people want to shuffle off their mortal coil not because their bodies have worn out or they are in insufferable pain, but because of negative mental attitude...
I agree with this .
Much as I struggle with daily pain my mind is sharp and I sincerely do not want to leave this earthly existence although people I once knew have gone making me feel sad and yes lonely if I didn’t busy my mind.
What I dread facing is having to be taken into care . At that I might well want to shuffle off .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 08:43 AM

Well nobody wants to die whatever age they are, unless they are in insufferable pain.
As long as I have my health, mentally and physically I am determined to live a long and happy (if possible) life.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 09:25 AM

I stand by my original statement that we will all fight like Hell to stay alive in spite of what some say. There are exceptional cases of course but these are few and far between.
Did those men who were Prisoners of the Japanese during WW2 want to die? Did those people being held in Hitler,s concentration camps want to die? Did those people being held in Stalin,s Gulags want to die? No, They did everything they possibly could to stay alive in spite of the horrors inflicted on them.
We often head people say "I don,t want to be a burden when I get old and incapable of looking after myself" but when the time comes they will do their utmost to keep breathing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 09:50 AM

It is the first basic instinct to stay alive but this can be over ridden and often is .
If what you say is true there would not be a queue of people going to Dignidas.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 09:52 AM

I can see what you mean Ben, and I agree that most people would fight to stay alive. However, I wouldn't say all people want to.

I say this because of the poor souls to decide to go to Dignitas, or commit suicide.
I am not talking about those that kill themselves accidentally, perhaps messing with drugs etc, I mean those who plan it and write goodbye letters to those they love before they do the deed.

There must be some people who can't cope through, depression, money worries, pain and ill health, losing their life-long partner etc, who do not want to carry on living.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top