Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 01:13 PM

Re: Living too long

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Twink,with all respect...you say you don't think people want to die.....why do they go to these clinics abroad...to be injected with a lethal drug that kills them?
On second thoughts,it may have been a liquid that they drank,that killed them.
Ive watched it on YouTube...some are youngsters.

Yes,it must have been so touching,that you saved that mans life....but we all know,that you are a very kind caring person on here.
Pauline, many of the people who go to those clinics know they are going to die from their illness anyway. They know how much pain is yet to come & often feel undignified when others need to assist them with things like toileting, so I admire them having the courage to go rather than extending these problems for another year or so.
We are all going to die, and I doubt any of us would choose to continue a life that is so painful & without dignity, so I think it is good that they have the right to choose.
I don't know if I would choose that option, but I hope I would be brave enough to do so, if I ever found myself in their position!
Thank you for saying I am kind and caring, I try to be, but I am not sure I would be so kind with people who feel it is alright to hurt others!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 08:53 AM

I have also watched a troubled 29 yr old die on YouTube ..Dutch doctors helped her do it.

Quite a few who aren't ill,go to this clinic to die.....so some people who do want to die...don't necessarily have an incurable illness.

I also watched a mother,who lost her only child,she no longer wanted to live,...so booked herself into this clinic...and died...she was given something to drink I believe...she allowed the cameras to watch her die...it looked very peaceful.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 09:48 AM

Working with the elderly was my job at one time , such interesting people to listen to their life stories fascinating. Some had come through such hardship and suffering it did make me wonder how they coped at the time . As I got to know them I saw an acceptance they had about being old and slow and towards the end of life . Many were ready to go on and one lovely lady used to ask me to pray for her to he taken and not be here next time I was to visit . Another would tell me she wanted to be 100 and she was already 91 . Most said it wasnt their world anymore .

I guess we go when we go unless we choose differently but life is not always kind to some , I've seen it and experienced it and like us all try to make the best of it .

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top