Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 02:22 PM

Re: Downsizing.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ideally everyone should live in a detached houses with a good sized garden separating them from the pests ( neighbours ) unfortunately this is for the privileged few .
Excuse me "privilage few" . I worked damn hard all my life for such a house . Initially having 3 jobs at once. Worked our way up the housing ladder, took risks in going self employed from a secure job with BT
Privilaged? what a load of bo**ocks you are saying. Saved like mad and invested any extra money not for immediate household bills. Last 22 years , before we moved 5 yrs ago,with no holidays having our own business to build up. even the 2 weeks we shut down was when major building improvement were made by me

I didn't get this sitting on my backside scrounging for handout and benefits. Hard graft over nearly 55 years got me this. Mortgage free as well by the way, all paid for.

So don't give me this crap about being "PRIVILEGED"
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Excuse me "privilage few" . I worked damn hard all my life for such a house . Initially having 3 jobs at once. Worked our way up the housing ladder, took risks in going self employed from a secure job with BT
Privilaged? what a load of bo**ocks you are saying. Saved like mad and invested any extra money not for immediate household bills. Last 22 years , before we moved 5 yrs ago,with no holidays having our own business to build up. even the 2 weeks we shut down was when major building improvement were made by me

I didn't get this sitting on my backside scrounging for handout and benefits. Hard graft over nearly 55 years got me this. Mortgage free as well by the way, all paid for.

I agree with you, Realspeed. I don't have a lovely house like yours but it's okay and in a nice area. But like yourself, we are the working class who have earned our 'priveledges'.

*Muddy - I'm sorry, I do agree with a lot of what you say on this forum (when you're in a happy mood anyway) but today you seem a little ill-informed about things. There's this post and the one about people who exercise in another thread, you simply have no idea of why people exercise - it's for many different reasons. These two posts are basically showing ignorance and are not very well researched I'm afraid.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 03:47 PM

The most important thing isn't as much about downsizing as much as ensuring one-level living if one's home has more than one story. Second to that is having to transportation to physicians, markets, and pharmacies if driving becomes impossible.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Sometimes, the grass isn’t greener on the other side and you are just shifting your problems elsewhere, or be replaced by other problems!

Some people say, l should move to somewhere with a smaller garden. Most places that might be suitable have drawbacks in other ways, no parking, lots of houses close together, where you look out the windows and all you can see are the roofs of other houses.

Privacy, Peace and quiet and somewhere to park mean a lot to me.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:51 PM

I'm happy in a terraced property, you could say I'm a terraced property kind of a person, but it has to be a nice terrace in a nice part of town.

We are currently in a tiny one, and are forever dreaming about up-sizing! Things we could have but don't ... a conservatory, a bathroom en suite, an annex.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What about on a battery hen farm?
You need sticking in a cage on your own and made to lay a massive egg every day, whilst the other hens peck your bum feathers and eyes out!!
Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm happy in a terraced property, you could say I'm a terraced property kind of a person, but it has to be a nice terrace in a nice part of town.

We are currently in a tiny one, and are forever dreaming about up-sizing! Things we could have but don't ... a conservatory, a bathroom en suite, an annex.
Without my reading glasses, I initially read this as "ballroom," and thought, "Now there is a man who is mightily positive and ambitious (though a bit eccentric) about the future!"

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

I don't think being privileged is crap....many people live in mansions...that they haven't worked for...it's been handed down.

I know a few like that....sat on their asses....and been left it.

I worked hard for my house....but the fact of the matter is....many don't.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You need sticking in a cage on your own and made to lay a massive egg every day, whilst the other hens peck your bum feathers and eyes out!!
Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's actually quite funny for you, Arty.
Sadly it's water off a chicken's back for me though
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Without my reading glasses, I initially read this as "ballroom," and thought, "Now there is a man who is mightily positive and ambitious (though a bit eccentric) about the future!"

Ballroom

Oh, and a photo studio.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top