Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 11:58 PM

Re: Bikers - Salt of the Earth

My wife says funnel web spiders remind her of bikers. Shiny black with a bit of hair here and there and very dangerous.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 12:35 AM

I've have been friends with a lot of bikers since my youth. They are all sweethearts and true gentlemen. This is just the sort of thing they would do because they are all decent guys who will help someone in need. Perhaps that's what we need - proper bikers policing the streets?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've have been friends with a lot of bikers since my youth. They are all sweethearts and true gentlemen. This is just the sort of thing they would do because they are all decent guys who will help someone in need. Perhaps that's what we need - proper bikers policing the streets?
Good to hear. You obviously have a very different kind of biker in the UK to here then. In fact in Gold Coast where quite a few of them are "headquartered" they have a special joint division of the Queensland and Federal Police police to deal with them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Good to hear. You obviously have a very different kind of biker in the UK to here then. In fact in Gold Coast where quite a few of them are "headquartered" they have a special joint division of the Queensland and Federal Police police to deal with them.
Indeed. The violent types here come on mopeds wielding hammers. But British bikers are gents.

When I saw your post it did make me wonder whether that's why Mad Max originated in Australia.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 06:31 AM

As an ex-biker myself in my youth, and someone who would help anyone, I feel it's such a shame that some groups of bikers are giving a bad reputation to others who do so much good for charities. Just take a look at the link below which gives some idea of the good that the majority do:

https://www.devittinsurance.com/guid...ker-charities/
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well keezoy, that's a new one, police on 'the funny stuff' (joints) and a special division for them too. I am only joking but couldn't resist that one. Police everywhere have a very difficult job with the drug problem, not a job I would do for a £ million a year that's for sure.
keezoy
Australia

14-11-2019, 07:23 AM

Yes I appreciate all the information here. I see now from the article there. They are just people who are motorcycle enthusiasts? Bikers here only ride Harley Davidsons. These guys look like racers.
keezoy
Australia

14-11-2019, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Indeed. The violent types here come on mopeds wielding hammers. But British bikers are gents.

When I saw your post it did make me wonder whether that's why Mad Max originated in Australia.
The kinds of bikers that I'm talking about originated in California after WW2. The long open road culture translated easily to Australia and it didn't take long for motorcycle gangs to come here and start clubs. THe Hells Angels were the first from San Francisco and many others followed. They have always been rough heads but in recent decades they have been infiltrated by organised crime and many of them now are just violent criminals. As far as I know they have chapters in the UK. Anyway enough from me. Those guys are obviously gooduns.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 07:37 AM

A lot can change, when a person has been away from education for a long period.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 07:45 AM

Well done for the bikers, but it's a pity this incident made it to court

Clearly what the culprit really needed was 'a stern talking to' as they say in the back streets of Brum, Manchester and other cities

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top