Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 09:41 AM

Re: Truth About Doris, Sorry....Boris.

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
His position in the poles and the size of his majority are irrelevant. We are talking about his character, not his popularity. His dishonesty and incompetence are simply becoming more and more apparent; if voters want to ignore that, it doesn't mean it stops being the case.
His character is how he got Brexit done and got an 80 seat majority. Going back in history, you just need to remind yourself of the lies Blair and Brown spread regarding Iraq. That resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.

Voters are very forgiving of Boris Johnson, as you will find out when he gets re-elected in a couple of years. By then the "principled opposition" will be bankrupt, in fact they will bankrupt by the end of the week according to the latest reports.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
His character is how he got Brexit done and got an 80 seat majority.
He hasn't got Brexit done, we are in a mess and you know it, that's why you keep posting your pathetic attempts to convince people otherwise. If things were going well, you wouldn't need to. He was elected on his personality, which is not the same thing as his character.

Going back in history, you just need to remind yourself of the lies Blair and Brown spread regarding Iraq. That resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.
What Blair and Browne did has nothing to do what Boris Johnson is doing now.

Voters are very forgiving of Boris Johnson, as you will find out when he gets re-elected in a couple of years.
That implies that you acknowledge there is something to forgive. He might get elected, but a lot can happen in two years. He may well not survive as leader for another two years. There may be a big turn around in the opposition. Anything could happen in the next two years.

By then the "principled opposition" will be bankrupt, in fact they will bankrupt by the end of the week according to the latest reports.
I doubt it, but something would fill the void. It is important that there is an opposition, whoever the government happens to be. You seem to relish the thought of doing away with the opposition; would you like to live in a one party state?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
The sheer hatred evinced some people is astounding.

It's all a bit nuts IMHO.
I mean: I don't much like (say) Keir Starmer or Keith Lemmon ............. but you don't see me (or indeed any other sensible person) making multiple new threads or multiple posts decrying them and raising the degree of dislike to the sheer hatred that we see so often even in this forum and among people who, being blunt, are really old enough by now to know better.

What a great example these people whom I can imagine to beborderline misanthropes are setting for our younger generations.

I did read somewhere that grumbling and complaining comes from a deep root of bitterness, I think there is some truth in that.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:35 PM

Zaphod, the topic of this thread is Boris Johnson, and specifically his character. Well I have given my opinion of his character. It is nothing to do with the "media"; it is the opinion I have formed myself. I really don't know what your problem is.
I will tell you: where have you garnered the information which led to your forming an opinion?
Unless you actually know the bloke it will be from our media, who are even more biased than you seem to be.
In other words, you're reliant upon what others who already have their own set agendas are telling you.

I've said before what I will say again now: I'm no fan of Boris Johnson.
But the sort of opinionising you've exhibited can only be either down to an irrational dislike or in a blind belief of what others are telling you.
So which is it?
Are you a sheep, or are you just yet another clamorous & prejudiced lonely keyboard warrior?

This whole thread BTW is about character assasination of an easy target, plain & simple.
There's quite enough hatred in this world without gullible & easily-influenced people adding to it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I did read somewhere that grumbling and complaining comes from a deep root of bitterness, I think there is some truth in that.
I'm sure that's correct, especially when a bit of loneliness is involved too and the easy relief valve of a faceless internet forum provides an opportune outlet.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:51 PM

I will tell you: where have you garnered the information which led to your forming an opinion?
Unless you actually know the bloke it will be from our media, who are even more biased than you seem to be.
In other words, you're reliant upon what others who already have their own set agendas are telling you.

I've said before what I will say again now: I'm no fan of Boris Johnson.
But the sort of opinionising you've exhibited can only be either down to an irrational dislike or in a blind belief of what others are telling you.
So which is it?
Are you a sheep, or are you just yet another clamorous & prejudiced lonely keyboard warrior?

This whole thread BTW is about character assasination of an easy target, plain & simple.
There's quite enough hatred in this world without gullible & easily-influenced people adding to it.

A lot of truth in this post from my own perspective, extremely insightful....

There is a lot of hatred in this world, some must be exhausted through hating another,...I believe they are dealing with their own issues, hating for some makes them feel better about their own issues, all in my opinion of course.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:59 PM

He hasn't got Brexit done, we are in a mess and you know it, that's why you keep posting your pathetic attempts to convince people otherwise. If things were going well, you wouldn't need to. He was elected on his personality, which is not the same thing as his character.
Yes he has - fishing and Ireland need sorting but we are out of the EU.

What Blair and Browne did has nothing to do what Boris Johnson is doing now.
Yes it has - your comments about Johnson is based on honesty and character, both of these traits apply to other prime ministers. You can't ignore one liar for another and pretend you have a point.

That implies that you acknowledge there is something to forgive. He might get elected, but a lot can happen in two years. He may well not survive as leader for another two years. There may be a big turn around in the opposition. Anything could happen in the next two years.
I'm not a big fan of Johnson but I would rather have him than any leader of any other party running the country. Labour won't last a couple of weeks at the most unless they find new funding. The unions have turned their backs on Starmer already.

I doubt it, but something would fill the void. It is important that there is an opposition, whoever the government happens to be. You seem to relish the thought of doing away with the opposition; would you like to live in a one party state?
At the moment there is no opposition apart from the media. It's been like that since 2016.

I don't want a one party state at all, if you read my posts on the EU Commission you would know my opinion already on single party states, in particular the ideologically driven authoritarian ones, like those you seem to think are a good idea.. We need an opposition fit for purpose - my preference would be the Reform Party over any other.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Unless you actually know the bloke it will be from our media,
No, Zaphod, I will tell you. I have heard Boris in interviews, I have heard him giving speeches, and I've heard him speaking in the house of commons. That is how I have come to form my impression of him. During the Brexit campaign, he said a lot of things that were shown to be untrue. I admit that I am dependant on the knowledge of others regarding that, but we all have to decide for ourselves what we take to be credible sources of information. As for what I make of Boris purely based on my own judgement; he's a waffler. He very rarely gives a coherent, straight forward answer to a question. He can ramble on for ages without actually saying anything meaningful. My own direct observation of him leaves me with the very strong impression that he does not really understand the issues he attempts to talk about.

That's not the case. I don't dislike Boris Johnson. I fall for the affable rogue image just as much as many others do. Unfortunately, the qualities that make him likeable are not the qualities required to make a decent job of running the country. My opinion of the man is nothing to do with what I've been told, it is to do with listening to him and coming to my own conclusion.

I don't know which one I am, Zaphod. You tell me which you are, and I'll be the other one.

The video at the beginning of this thread has not informed my opinion, it simply matches the opinion I already held.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:11 PM

**Personal bickering removed...
Zaphod
Lincs UK

27-07-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
A lot of truth in this post from my own perspective, extremely insightful....

There is a lot of hatred in this world, some must be exhausted through hating another,...I believe they are dealing with their own issues, hating for some makes them feel better about their own issues, all in my opinion of course.
IMHO you're right.

I would feel sorry for such sad souls, except IMHO in this forum they too-frequently disrupt what is otherwise usually a friendly discussion for no good reason.
Worse, they don't seem to care that it's themselves they're making look like an absolude pillock.

Now we are all capable of doing that unintentionally on occasion, but to do so frequently?
Each to their own though, I suppose.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top