Join for free
Page 94 of 95 « First < 44 84 92 93 94 95 >
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

05-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Just started Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, part one of her trilogy of the Tudor period depicting the rise to power and in the final part of the trilogy the ultimate fall of Henry VIII's minister Thomas Cromwell
I'm reading Wolf Hall too, what a wonderful writer Hilary Mantel is. I am well and truly hooked.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:22 PM

I've almost finished "The Vanishing Box" by Ellie Griffiths. Next one on my list is "The Thursday Murder Club" by Richard Osman.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 02:18 AM

I'm reading The Trial by Franz Kafka. Had to wait for an English translation before I could fill a gap.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
I'm reading The Trial by Franz Kafka. Had to wait for an English translation before I could fill a gap.
Love his books, started off with Metamorphosis in my teens and read them all in short order. The Trial is my favourite.

Followed his books up with Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn for some inexplicable reason, I must have been going through a depressed period because I followed this up with Gunter Grass.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Love his books, started off with Metamorphosis in my teens and read them all in short order. The Trial is my favourite.

Followed his books up with Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn for some inexplicable reason, I must have been going through a depressed period because I followed this up with Gunter Grass.
Kudos! That's not exactly light reading all of which I haven't done.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 05:48 AM

Tim Weaver "No One Home". A group of houses and a farm in a lonely valley, all the residents and their vehicles have disappeared completely overnight. No strange tyre prints, no sign of violence, all neighbours were very good friends. No mobile phone activity, no money drawn from any accounts .. cue spooky music .........

I certainly don't hate reading new authors. What annoys me is reading the synopsis and still not finding out the plot as it's full of waffle and reference previous books. So irritating. If you always stick to familiar authors you miss a lot.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

06-07-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've almost finished "The Vanishing Box" by Ellie Griffiths. Next one on my list is "The Thursday Murder Club" by Richard Osman.
I like Ellie Griffiths, books but haven't yet read Vanishing Box. The Thursday Murder Club is good.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I gave up on The Thursday Murder Club after 3 chapters. I thought it was really silly.

Now I'm 2/3rds the way through The Law Of Innocence by Michael Connelly.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

20-07-2021, 11:02 PM

I have finished Wolf Hall and just started Bring Up the Bodies.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 11:26 PM

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett.

Page 94 of 95 « First < 44 84 92 93 94 95 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top