Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:13 PM

Re: Anyone from East Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yorkshire folk are very good with humour thanks, Malcolm.

You see my point though, don't you? Too many people hear the word "Hull" and immediately slag the place off, often by those who are rather ignorant having never visited the place. Instead they go by hearsay and listen to complete jerks such as Phil Spencer. Hull has seen a Hell of a transformation over the past 10 years or so and I encourage you and any other 'sheeple' to visit the place in our City Of Culture next year.

There are good and bad areas in every town and city, Malcolm, and I'm sure wherever you hail from has plenty of those as well?

Understand where I'm coming from bud?
Hull
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yorkshire folk are very good with humour thanks, Malcolm.

You see my point though, don't you? Too many people hear the word "Hull" and immediately slag the place off, often by those who are rather ignorant having never visited the place. Instead they go by hearsay and listen to complete jerks such as Phil Spencer. Hull has seen a Hell of a transformation over the past 10 years or so and I encourage you and any other 'sheeple' to visit the place in our City Of Culture next year.

There are good and bad areas in every town and city, Malcolm, and I'm sure wherever you hail from has plenty of those as well?

Understand where I'm coming from bud?
I nearly went to The Deep at Hull this year but im not really into fish , But I may well go next year if its the Culture year .
And my GT Gran was born at Hull on the way down from Scotland .
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:55 PM

I quote. ..

"Sorry not Welsh. And married. And you must be into Pink Floyd and real ale to qualify.
Good luck on your quest."

Good luck to you too
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:02 PM

I didn't use to like Hull at all but as it was my nearest city visited for shopping. However, things are changing in Hull, I've visited some great museums, stayed in some nice hotels, found great places to eat, and now see it in a different light. The Deep is well worth a visit as is the Streetlife Museum. Hoping the City of Culture Year will see many more improvements in the city.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I didn't use to like Hull at all but as it was my nearest city visited for shopping. However, things are changing in Hull, I've visited some great museums, stayed in some nice hotels, found great places to eat, and now see it in a different light. The Deep is well worth a visit as is the Streetlife Museum. Hoping the City of Culture Year will see many more improvements in the city.
There you go, a review from someone who has actually visited the place.
Thanks Val
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Hull
And where are you from also, Tpin? Dare to share that with us?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 02:31 AM

I'm in Cheshire but I was born in Halifax and brought up(early years)in and around the Leeds area before moving to Manchester.

One of my foster sister's lives in Anlaby, Hull and has done since she married in 79.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-08-2016, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'm in Cheshire but I was born in Halifax and brought up(early years)in and around the Leeds area before moving to Manchester.

One of my foster sister's lives in Anlaby, Hull and has done since she married in 79.
Can't be so bad then mate
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 06:22 PM

I'm not to far away, in North Yorkshire (the proper part), after living a certain part West Yorkshire for far too long.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 06:34 PM

My sister has a caravan at Flamborough, brrrrr!!!, and she visited Hull a while back, an older part as well as the new, really enjoyed her day.
I think everywhere has it's 'downside' we have to look for the positives in life!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top