Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

02-05-2021, 07:13 AM

Re: Home amongst the gum trees!

the aussie farmers have oft been criticized for poor management of the land and there was a lot of truth in that way back - but now they are improving in leaps and bounds - if you've never seen an ozzie farmer leap and bound you've missed a great thrill. anyway was watching our weekly farming show - Landline and they were working with a qualified nerd in science and attempting to measure the carbon footprints of all their outputs in their farming - it is becoming a real science of its own these days as we all know the daily belching of the cows releases methane which affects the ozone layer heh? I think they were pointing out that if cows were feed a balanced diet of dried grains etc and not allowed to eat fresh grass then that immediately reduces methane output? does that make any sense? and one of our great icons a iron ore producer and farmer is spear heading all this - Andrew Forest? quite a philanthropist too by all accounts?
bret
bret is male 

03-05-2021, 04:08 PM

the ozzie govt has now decided to disallow dinkie di ozzies with dinkie di passports to come back into the country from abroad and it is beginning to cause a stink! - the passport says in simple terms this document grants me the power to re-enter Australia. However the govt have invoked a separate clause that says "not in a pandemic you can't" it would appear that this will now be challenged in the high court of OZ to start with anyway arguing that it is illegal to do so? wait to see this space!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 09:58 PM

Why can't returning Aussies be put in quarantine upon return? Surely they have a right ? Exclude non passport holders by all means but if you are a citizen it is the govts responsibility to help you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Why can't returning Aussies be put in quarantine upon return? Surely they have a right ? Exclude non passport holders by all means but if you are a citizen it is the govts responsibility to help you.
Because the useless Scotty from Marketing and his crony's have had 12 months to improve the quarantine system and have done bugger all, he just left it to the states.
bret
bret is male 

04-05-2021, 12:31 AM

well I think there's a challenge being whipped up with the aid of no less than that whiz bang aussie barrister now residing in the UK you know who's married to Ruby someone? - It will be a fight between - "the right to reside and enter" and " special circumstances - a danger to the health of the nation"??
bret
bret is male 

06-05-2021, 01:24 AM

Well I was just sittin under this gum tree with the gum drippin down into me hair have a mid mornin cuppa and a smoko and thinkin about the events of this year and are poor old pollies - no not parrots politicians. This liberal govt started off with so much joy after them thinkin the reds were gonna win the election and then they got handed it on a plate!

but then disasters started pouring in - covid being the big one ; then all the sexual misconduct accusations from heaving breathing to rape - the the trade war with China - bushfires by the million - I'm not a fan of scomo but he has certainly takin a thrashing but seems to be surviving through ti all - that being a born again christian must have some advantages cos it seems to be standing him in good stead? and then of course there will be another election looming in site - maybe they will be glad to lose this one and give someone else ago?
bret
bret is male 

07-05-2021, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
Well I was just sittin under this gum tree with the gum drippin down into me hair have a mid mornin cuppa and a smoko and thinkin about the events of this year and are poor old pollies - no not parrots politicians. This liberal govt started off with so much joy after them thinkin the reds were gonna win the election and then they got handed it on a plate!

but then disasters started pouring in - covid being the big one ; then all the sexual misconduct accusations from heaving breathing to rape - the the trade war with China - bushfires by the million - I'm not a fan of scomo but he has certainly takin a thrashing but seems to be surviving through ti all - that being a born again christian must have some advantages cos it seems to be standing him in good stead? and then of course there will be another election looming in site - maybe they will be glad to lose this one and give someone else ago?

oh and now those Indian ozzies who all wanna come home to Oz. that's a tricky dicky one heh?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 06:57 PM

oh and now those Indian ozzies who all wanna come home to Oz. that's a tricky dicky one heh?
Will they get a free flight home Bret ??
How many is it, 9000 ? was mentioned !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
bret
bret is male 

08-05-2021, 02:12 AM

I doubt if it will be free why should it they a fee payments customers - how do you think they got there? - the total is estimated at 9000 but I think 900 for first haul so should take a few years to get through that unless the virus miraculously disappears [any chance of that?] or the numbers miraculously reduce?? Yes they are all OZ passport carrying citizens but you must form a queue and follow 'normal' quarantine regulations - and hotel quarantine has proved to be extremely problematic and dangerous - bloody quarantine hubs right in the middle of cities fgs!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 12:00 PM

I doubt if it will be free why should it they a fee payments customers - how do you think they got there? - the total is estimated at 9000 but I think 900 for first haul so should take a few years to get through that unless the virus miraculously disappears [any chance of that?] or the numbers miraculously reduce?? Yes they are all OZ passport carrying citizens but you must form a queue and follow 'normal' quarantine regulations - and hotel quarantine has proved to be extremely problematic and dangerous - bloody quarantine hubs right in the middle of cities fgs!
If it takes a few years Bret, then it sounds more like an immigration
scheme, not an evacuation scheme don't you think ??
If they are all passport holders, then what is wrong with testing for the
virus BEFORE flying them home and maybe testing again on arrival ??
The ones in India that test positive must stay there untill they
recover,( or die, only •02% ?) so shouldn't be a problem ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top