Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 02:14 PM

Prairie Pie.

PRAIRIE PIE

Preheat Oven to 375F - 190C - 170 Fan - Gas Mark 5.

INGREDIENTS

4 slices of Bread
50g (2oz) Butter
350g (12oz) Luncheon Meat
150g (5oz) Baked Beans
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Eggs - Beaten
300ml (½ pint) milk
50g (2oz) English Cheddar Cheese - grated.

METHOD

STEP ONE
Remove the crusts from the bread.
Butter thickly on one side and lay 2 of the slices of bread buttered side down into the base of a 1.½ pint ovenproof dish.

STEP TWO
Chop the Luncheon Meat and mix in a bowl with the baked beans and seasoning. Pour onto the bread base. Top with the remaining 2 slices of buttered bread with the buttered bread facing side up.

STEP THREE
Mix the eggs together with the milk. Pour over the bread and sprinkle with the grated cheese.

STEP FOUR
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 02:57 PM

Re: Prairie Pie.

Sounds good - do you think I could swap luncheon meat for lean corned beef? Will give it try anyway.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 09:48 AM

Re: Prairie Pie.

I think corned beef would be just fine ST. In fact, I would prefer corned beef to luncheon meat myself. I only used LM because it was languishing in the back of the cupboard for so long and was the perfect opportunity to use it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top