Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:07 PM

Re: What Colour Lipstick Do You Use?

I am using right now Lancome Sugared Maple (sheer) or Love It (cream).

They are both in the nude lines.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:16 PM

I wonder how long some people keep their lipsticks for?
Here's some info that might surprise you:

Quote:

When to toss:

Lipstick doesn’t hold much bacteria, so it can last between 12 – 18 months. Although lipstick and gloss are packed with preservatives such as parabens, essential oils and vitamins to ward off germs, these naturally start to break down after a year.

Expiry signs:
Any beading of moisture, funky smells or chalky texture means it’s time to toss.

How to protect:

Store your summer hue in the fridge. Keeping lipstick and gloss away from heat slows the breakdown of ingredients. Also, don’t apply lipstick straight after eating – it cultivates bacteria.

Some more info here on how long to keep other cosmetics safely for:

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/beauty...ry-dates-88813
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:21 PM

I don't use any lipstick and never have
I tried it and didn't like the feel of it the same with nail varnish.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Maybelline "Summer pink".

I hate when they stop making a favourite colour! You find something perfect that isn't too overpowering and goes with your skin tone and then it disappears. There's never any warning.
I love that colour - I'm going to get some.

I have a variety of lipsticks in all shades.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Most of my favourite colour lipsticks get discontinued and l have to find another brand of a similar colour.

I am now using Rimmel Sugar Plum. Rimmel is not my favourite brand but it has the colour l like.

So l ask, what colour lipstick do you use? Or, don’t you use lipstick?

This is Sugar Plum...

Nice!

I use a very similar colour, Rimmel Amethyst Shimmer. Not really using it at the mo, no point when we have to wear masks!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't use any lipstick and never have
I tried it and didn't like the feel of it the same with nail varnish.
Me neither .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 10:05 AM

I love Rosy Pinks , they go with my skin tone.
That Maybelline one looks nice I will look out for it next time I am in Town.
I also like * Burts Bees* lip salve in Sweet Violet ,which does two things ,give a nice healthy look to my lips and also moisturises them
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Nice!

I use a very similar colour, Rimmel Amethyst Shimmer. Not really using it at the mo, no point when we have to wear masks!
Amethyst Shimmer brings back memories of my teenage years! Dancing around handbags with the mates in very high heels and thinking we were cool & moody It went well with the eyeliner that was so in vogue.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 09:01 PM

I rarely wear lipstick but if I do it's in between pink and red, Lol, I need to look up the colour now! ..............toddling off to me make up bag
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 09:35 PM

In view of the link that Mups put up I think I am going to have to overhaul all my make-up. I know a lot of it will be old and out of date. Hasn't done me any harm but I never realised it went out of date so quickly. I have some Clarins foundation which must be at least five years old.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top