Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:41 PM

Re: Dash Cam

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Had a Dash Cam for two years now, got it hard wired in yesterday, will see if this thread attracts folks to post some of their drives, see what I can do when the Micro SD Reader arrives.
I don't have a dash cam, Spitty, but I do have a dash that looks remarkably similar to yours.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:45 PM

We have a couple of Mobius dashcams, front and back. We've had them for a few years now and they both still work perfectly.

They are small and inconspicuous, but don't include a screen. No problem, though, as I just slide it out of the mount and plug it into my laptop using a USB cable.

The definition is really good, both day and night.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 07:34 PM

I have a dash cam with a rear camera, mines WiFi so I can download footage to my phone, I could view it through the cloud but I’m not paying a subscription, incidentally, if you format the card every six weeks or so this can extend the life of the sd card, obviously save any footage that’s important...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have a dash cam with a rear camera, mines WiFi so I can download footage to my phone, I could view it through the cloud but I’m not paying a subscription, incidentally, if you format the card every six weeks or so this can extend the life of the sd card, obviously save any footage that’s important...
I didn't know that Primus......
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I didn't know that Primus......
Yes foxy, good practice to format every so often,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by primus1 ->
yes foxy, good practice to format every so often,
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Very professional Bruce, I loved the classical music and was it was interesting to see the speed creep up as the road surface got better at the end. The John Egan track looks great for running, but I bet the temperature was quite high judging by the terrain. just one question though....What's a 'Dog Fence'?

I thought that train was going to be something special when I noticed the four power units at the front. I noticed in the first video you were using a 'Garmin' but on the second it was a 'Transcend'....Any particular reason? My dashcam is a Transcend and seems to do the job okay, although it doesn't record the speed. I also hard wired in into the car, and it comes on with the ignition.
The dog fence was a fence that stretched something like 6000km and was built in the 1880s. It was the longest man made structure. Since it was built it has fallen into disrepair or incorporated into farm fencing as this section was. The idea was to stop the terrible losses of sheep from dingo attack. In the end they gave up on sheep in Qld and went to cattle instead so the fence was no longer needed.

I have come across it in SA, Qld and NT. WA had the rabbit proof fence!

This was an attempt to find the fence near Coober Pedy but I had to turn back because the road was too boggy after heavy rain.

Transcend was my first dash cam but I upgraded to a Garmin just over a year ago it records the GPS location and I have an app that can plot your route on Google maps from the video if you wish (never bothered).

The train was carrying mostly rolls of steel from Port Kembla BHP steelworks and was filmed near Junee.

The Track was in south west Queensland and it was winter (May) so very pleasant temperature but no water of course. Of course it has been replaced by a bitumen road but it was an interesting drive of how things used to be - very easy to get lost.

BTW I said 64Tb card I meant 64Gb card.

Finally here's some heavy Queensland traffic

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-03-2021, 11:30 PM

Thanks Bruce....
Is Coober Pedy where they mine Opal? I've been watching 'Outback Opal Hunters' on TV. I think I prefer 'Aussie Gold Hunters' not as valuable but more fun and you don't need to go underground.
I guessed it was a mistake with the SD card Bruce, at least, I've never seen one that big.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:41 PM

Never wanted to embrace technology, but, have to admit I have to (what a Hypocrite), not my fault though, when you feel the need to YouTube.

Skating away, on the thin ice of a new day.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:44 PM

saved a lolt of insurance questions when Sue sent this to our insurance company after this guy hit her

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top