Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:06 PM

Re: Kayaking

Amazing photos Surfermom, it looks like my kinda life.....
We got canals here......

Why do I think the boat in your first photo looks like a clip from 'African Queen'?....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not a great one for kayaking, here in the UK you have to choose your location carefully.

I have fond memories of Sarasota Airport Landings with my two littlies feeding the manatees by throwing them lettuce.
That is so nice to have those memories, SF. The manatees are still doing well here, though boat traffic and inattentive boat drivers are their greatest threats. Winters are best for seeing them; they congregate in the relatively warm, crystal clear spring-fed rivers.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Amazing photos Surfermom, it looks like my kinda life.....
We got canals here......

Why do I think the boat in your first photo looks like a clip from 'African Queen'?....
That is an oustanding movie (leeches ), and I can see how you got that impression. I wonder if that is why I like that boat so much?

You would definitely like it here, OGF. Opportunities for the outdoor life are what drew me back. I am likewise fascinated with your canal systems - the extent of which I knew little about until the last few years.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 01:44 AM

Great photos Surfermum! Takes me right back about 45 years!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 01:56 PM

That is such a good photo, Ciderman! I'm sure you both remember outings like that. Such is the stuff of great childhoods! Where were you at the time?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 09:53 PM

In the Tutaekuri River in Hawkes Bay, Surfermom. With my son Paul.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

17-05-2021, 10:03 PM

Nice, Ciderman. I am sure your son still remembers. I looked up that river and it looks like it offers all sorts of opportunities for the outdoor types. I am hoping to do some kayaking when I visit, maybe up near Mt. Cook.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top