Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 09:19 PM

Roberts Rambles 5

After several months of lockdown it was time to visit the coast, it's been eight months since we visited Bridlington. We would normally have visited every other week.....
The weather forecast was not good, but it stayed fine for the 62 mile drive over the Yorkshire Wolds.
After three attempts to pay for parking with my plastic, I abandoned it and drove to the nearest shop for some change...I hope I haven't been charged three times....
Note to self: always keep some pound coins in the car...

We walked the two miles along the seafront along deserted streets in search of lunch and found it at our favourite sandwich shop. It would normally be heaving with holiday makers at this time of year.
It was pouring down with rain when we left, and it was a long walk back to the car.

Although we both had waterproof tops our trousers and feet were soaking.
I managed to take this shot out of the car window while we dried off.....

"Nobody on the road, nobody on the beach"....

With neither of us wearing any trousers for the drive home, it could have been embarrassing if we had been pulled over.......

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1092.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	15565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1094.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	15566  
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 09:32 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles 5

Good for you Foxy

Got that, and very pertinent, it's on hold here till the bikes built, and the van is procured, then the world is the oyster (If I don't get nicked)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good for you Foxy

Got that, and very pertinent, it's on hold here till the bikes built, and the van is procured, then the world is the oyster (If I don't get nicked)
Thanks Spitty, one of my top five fave songs.....
We both agreed it was still great to be out despite the 'Wet Shetting'....
Since you mentioned it, that's the main reason for my choice of motor (Nissan Qashqai) so I could drop the seats down to get the bike in.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 09:38 PM

It looks like you had all that bracing sea air to yourself Bob.

There’s nothing like it to make you feel full of energy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-05-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It looks like you had all that bracing sea air to yourself Bob.

There’s nothing like it to make you feel full of energy.
It was great to be out Mags, and just nice to sit in a cafe' for a cuppa and sandwich. The sea was at high tide and looked very unfriendly as the wind drove it into the sea wall....Bracing's the word Mags.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 09:57 PM

I've never seen Brid so quiet. My God daughter moved to Brid 2 years ago she's right near the front, a couple of streets back. She walks along the promenade every day when she's finished her night shift. She loves living there.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 02:35 AM

Looks like a nice serene day, OGF. Happy you two turned it into an adventure. Those Qashqais are known as Rogues here. What a perfect running beach - flat!

And because we all seem to enjoy it so, here is a slower version and an explanation of how the song came to be:

bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 05:52 AM

Wow the mighty Eagles alway make my hair stand on end!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-05-2021, 09:41 PM

Nice version Surfermom, my kinda music although I love the guitar rifts in the original.

The Eagles are A top group bret.......Love most of their stuff.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 10:03 PM

The Eagles were of a time, encapsulated, for next time round.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top