Join for free
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 08:44 PM

Windows to IPOD

I can't do it! I've been trying most of the day and I want to scream!!!

I've managed it before..............but HOW?

I have itunes on a Windows 8.1 computer and it has a vast amount of music.

I have two folders of music (about 20 songs in each) which I want to add to my ipod Classic.

I've put the two folders of tracks into my Windows 8.1 "Music" Directory.........under "This PC" AND also into "Music Library" (though they may be one and the same thingey!!).

I then did a drag and drop thing into itunes - and I could see the tracks being transferred............BUT the folders haven't appeared as two Playlists. The tracks now appear in "Recently added" - in fact there are more than one of each track............they are completely random and pretty useless as they are. These have been synched into the ipod - so I must be doing something right!!! But they are interspersed with other tracks which I don't want!!

Please please can someone tell me how to get the tracks in their folders..........or playlists.........so I can access them quickly? I have named the folders as 2021 A and 2021 B for ease of access.

I also have a Windows 10 computer - which doesn't have itunes on yet..............but that would mean transferring ALL the music I've got on the Windows 8 itunes.

All help much appreciated.........preferably in noddy language. Thanks.
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

20-06-2021, 03:47 AM

Re: Windows to IPOD

I'm guessing you have all the meta data added to those two folders of files...artist, album etc. and it's all showing up in showing up in iTunes/iPod?

Before I go into too much detail for nothing, perhaps, have you dragged and dropped a folder(s) the same way as you stated in your OP before and got the results you are wanting now, but aren't getting them that way now (into specific playlists that is), or did they automatically go into the 'recently added' Smart Playlist by default only?

What kind (names of) of PLs are in/on iTunes/iPod?

So where do you have duplicates of the same tracks, in iTunes or the iPod?
Do you have the duplicates, in your Music folder on your computer as well?

Where are the original folders of music files located and how did you rip them, via iTunes?

Are they from the Apple Store, or rips from CDs?

From you:
I have named the folders as 2021 A and 2021 B for ease of access.

You have to manually create an empty playlist first, name it 2021 A etc, highlight all the files, then drag them all into the specific playlist, or, drag them into the songs folder, then add them to the playlist(s) of your choice.

I think it will also work by dragging the whole folder over into any playlist, but I haven't ever tried it that way.

iTunes 8 is pretty old, so you might have to drag them into the songs folder next to your Library window, or the main Library's window itself.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 08:35 AM

Re: Windows to IPOD

Not having an iPod but having used Apple Macs for many years I always find an answer on-line, there is lot of information if you search for it. I've often found YouTube very helpful too, often I find it's far easier to see how to do something than read instructions.

I searched for "iPod adding tracks" and various other combinations of wording and found many helpful explanations on various websites, two of which are below. The second link has a list of sub-topics, just click on the appropriate one. Hope these may be of some use or you can find what you want by searching for exactly what that is:

https://www.wikihow.com/Add-Music-to-an-iPod

https://www.howtolinks.com/how-to-add-songs-to-ipod

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top