Join for free
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

18-06-2021, 01:06 AM

What Happened To The 'Return To Last Page' Shortcut Key?

Up until recently, the 'Delete' button on a Mac, and 'Backspace' on a PC (IIRC) could be pressed and it would return to the previous page(s) I was viewing, depending on how many times I pressed it.

It was so cool I wondered why there wasn't a forward shortcut key to use to go to the next page, instead of having to navigate the mouse or track pad to the page numbers or backward arrows at the top or bottom of the page.

It was really handy if I wanted to view a new thread with lots of pages.

All I had to do was keep the pointer on the top and rapidly click the page numbers starting with the last, ending with the first, then read them in order by merely clicking the delete button

Is this only occurring in Firefox and why is it at all?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 09:58 AM

Re: What Happened To The 'Return To Last Page' Shortcut Key?

I don't know if things have changed or not because I've always used the forward and back arrow icons on the browser toolbar. However, if you want to use the keyboard for back and forward, ALT+ the left/right keyboard arrows do the job.
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

19-06-2021, 06:02 AM

Re: What Happened To The 'Return To Last Page' Shortcut Key?

Works like a charm, thanks for the tip.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top