Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 10:36 PM

Household chores

I have a rough schedule for work chores.
During the week, it is in between meetings and during my lunch break. Working from home due to COVID helps.
On the weekend, it is a proper deep clean as soon as I wake up.
My question is, what kind of a chores person are you? Do you het your chores done and then relax or do you procrastinate?
My young adult son tends to procrastinate and it annoys me. This morning, he said to me - everyone is different mom!
Are you different?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 10:42 PM

Re: Household chores

Monday is the main housework day at Tabby Towers - all doors and windows open - all rooms cleaned, bed linen changed, dust rearranged, shark exercised, laundry goblins satisfied.

Low maintenance daily chores done first thing - then breakfast, a shower - and time is mine to play with!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I have a rough schedule for work chores.
I bet it's not as rough as mine.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:42 AM

As my wife is capable of only a little until she has fully recovered, (it will be a long journey) 99% of all household duties rely on me as the other occupant and I get stuck in as and when the need arises.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:54 AM

I don't have set routines I do stuff when it's needed to be done.. at the moment my house is a work in progress so its just a bit of a bomb site....that will change though.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 09:03 AM

No , I'm a do it when I see it person , I've just stripped the bedding and new bedding now on , I will Hoover when i feel like it up or downstairs. I'm fastidious with my bathroom and kitchen though , i like it to look shiny and smell fresh. I prefer just to do as and when. It stays clean and tidy anyway
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:20 AM

I am always cleaning ,Minx, I love it...I don’t really have a set routine, as I’m always cleaning.

I’m at my son’s house,I help him clean do his washing and ironing.

He has a high powered demanding job, so needs help, he would pay for a cleaner, but he would rather I did it....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
No , I'm a do it when I see it person , I've just stripped the bedding and new bedding now on , I will Hoover when i feel like it up or downstairs. I'm fastidious with my bathroom and kitchen though , i like it to look shiny and smell fresh. I prefer just to do as and when. It stays clean and tidy anyway

Susan, I hoover about 4 x a day as I have a Jack Russel....he never stops shedding.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Monday is the main housework day at Tabby Towers - all doors and windows open - all rooms cleaned, bed linen changed, dust rearranged, shark exercised, laundry goblins satisfied.

Low maintenance daily chores done first thing - then breakfast, a shower - and time is mine to play with!
Ms d00d likes to do that ... rearrange some dust.

I take charge of my desk ... hoover computer, keyboard and desk with little brush attachment on end of pipe.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Susan, I hoover about 4 x a day as I have a Jack Russel....he never stops shedding.
Many years ago I had 2 cavalier king Charles spaniels and I would Hoover a couple of times a day now it's just little ole me it doesn't really matter 🙂

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top