Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:54 AM

Re: E-Book or Traditional Book?

Well looks like I'm very much in the minority here! I have a Kindle Paperwhite - not a tablet, it's a dedicated E-reader and the battery lasts for weeks. I have hundreds of books on it and it's so easy to pop in even my smallest handbag. But even if I don't take it with me, I have the Kindle reader on my iPhone, so I am never, ever without my book to read.

Yes, I read the odd 'real' book now and then, usually if someone buys me one for my birthday or Christmas, but there really is nothing like the convenience and ease of reading electronically. I can never lose my page, if I forget who a character is, I can do an immediate search in the book and find out, I can increase the size of the print in an instant if my eyes are feeling a little strained and, best of all, if we ever manage to go on holiday again, I can take hundreds of books with me without using up any space in my suitcase!

I read books for their content, not their appearance or feel, and I can get just as lost in an e-book as I can in a print book. I honestly think my Kindle is one of the best techy devices I have ever bought!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 04:20 PM

Traditional paper-based books for me.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

16-07-2021, 04:47 PM

I like an ebook because it is easier to handle, lightweight, turn pages. My only beef is I can't look back and check something I have read or half missed
several pages back. but I can read library books without entering a library - just download them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->
I like an ebook because it is easier to handle, lightweight, turn pages. My only beef is I can't look back and check something I have read or half missed
several pages back. but I can read library books without entering a library - just download them.
You can bookmark pages if you want to. (Bookmark isn't the word my ereader uses but I can't think of it off hand)
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:54 AM

Real books. As a kid I would go the the library and book stores alike. I love the smell of a new book. There's just no substitute. It really not important which one as long as you're reading. Expanding your mind.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You can bookmark pages if you want to. (Bookmark isn't the word my ereader uses but I can't think of it off hand)
Yes, exactly. My Kindle has a little flag/bookmark icon that I can tap to bookmark a page. And anyway, you can go back a few pages to check something, just by tapping the left hand side of the page - it's exactly the same as tapping the right hand side to turn over to the next page. I do this regularly!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top