Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:11 PM

Re: British GP - new format

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
It was certainly different. Nothing like the safety precautions for a start.
I recall those races - not much safety concerns at all.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
The new format launches this afternoon.
I can’t believe Silverstone is in your backyard yet no one is attending

I’d give anything to see an F1 race live
I went to watch the Malaysian GP once when I happened to be there on a business trip. What a waste of time and money. I would have seen much, much more of the racing on TV than I actually saw at the track.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It would be my worst nightmare Minx.....
You need to be there two days before to find a good spot to camp, the road leading past Silverstone (which is a main North South route to Oxford and beyond) is completely closed for three days unless you are going to Silverstone. So many people in such a small space would be my idea of hell! And to sit on a wasp and fly covered grassy bank, only ever seeing the cars over the heads of the spectators in front every 90 seconds or so as they flash past at 200 mph, and paying hundreds of pounds for the privilege fills me with despair....
I enjoy F1 from the comfort of my sofa clutching a mug of steaming Yorkshire tea and a chocolate biscuit to dunk. At least I can keep a track of who is doing what and when....And meander to the toilet when the need arises.....
Exactly that OGF !!
Don't think you missed a thing there ??

Donkeyman ! 👎🤔👎
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I went to watch the Malaysian GP once when I happened to be there on a business trip. What a waste of time and money. I would have seen much, much more of the racing on TV than I actually saw at the track.
I’m beginning to see that my dream might actually be a nightmare
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Exactly that OGF !!
Don't think you missed a thing there ??

Donkeyman ! 👎🤔👎
Best I turn on the telly
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:41 PM

Best I turn on the telly
Well l think this sprint formula has some merit ??
The proof of the pudding comes tomorrow !!
Too much media chinwag though l think ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:45 PM

Sorry Minx.....

In my younger day I used to go and watch the motor bike racing at Mallory Park, seat of your pants stuff.... and the riders took risks too....
The atmosphere was awesome, the riders used to switch off their engines and wait for the flag....That few moments of silence before the start you could hear a pin drop.....Even the spectators went quiet, then all hell broke loose.....

Grass track racing was my favourite when I was older....All different classes of cars would race around a poorly marked grassy field, although bumping was allowed, it wasn't the aim of the race, just making it around the the requisite number of laps and finishing in first place was the challenge. I enjoyed it so much, we even entered a car... Spectators parked around the track, and woe betide anyone who parked too close......There were casualties....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

18-07-2021, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry Minx.....

In my younger day I used to go and watch the motor bike racing at Mallory Park, seat of your pants stuff.... and the riders took risks too....
The atmosphere was awesome, the riders used to switch off their engines and wait for the flag....That few moments of silence before the start you could hear a pin drop.....Even the spectators went quiet, then all hell broke loose.....

Grass track racing was my favourite when I was older....All different classes of cars would race around a poorly marked grassy field, although bumping was allowed, it wasn't the aim of the race, just making it around the the requisite number of laps and finishing in first place was the challenge. I enjoyed it so much, we even entered a car... Spectators parked around the track, and woe betide anyone who parked too close......There were casualties....
That sounds so epic! Those were the days hey!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 09:59 AM

That sounds so epic! Those were the days hey!
Great times Minx with no worries or responsibilities and the world seemed.......Well..........Less ordered.....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

18-07-2021, 03:05 PM

Did you see the crash in the 1st lap with Hamilton and Verstappen!

Be still my beating heart

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top