Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:27 PM

The allotment

The crowning glory on a pile of horse manure...

Blueberries ripening in the fruit tunnel..

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:43 PM

Re: The allotment

Love your pics! Even the stinky mushroom! Its been too hot up here to visit mine during the day, I'll need to go down tonight about 9 or something. Your blueberries look delicious
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:47 PM

I was there muckspreading cow manure over some of the ground this morning. That raised a sweat. Just before I took the photo, I was eating blueberries straight from the bushes.

Edit: I should just mention handwashing and cleanliness procedures carried out.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I was there muckspreading cow manure over some of the ground this morning. That raised a sweat. Just before I took the photo, I was eating blueberries straight from the bushes.

Edit: I should just mention handwashing and cleanliness procedures carried out.
Haha! I'm so glad you clarified that for me before I thought you were a right mucky pup!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:25 PM

You could be growing mushrooms Mart
I find farmyard muck hard to get hold of these days. The £1 a sack horse manure place hasn't had any since lockdown.

Not a fan of blueberries too sweet for me. I have had one raspberry so far from the new canes.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

20-07-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You could be growing mushrooms Mart
I find farmyard muck hard to get hold of these days. The £1 a sack horse manure place hasn't had any since lockdown.

Not a fan of blueberries too sweet for me. I have had one raspberry so far from the new canes.
One of the other allotmenteers knows a horse owner who will deliver the manure to us already bagged up.

I believe there are different types of Raspberries. One fruits earlier than the other. We had many of the early type bushes in the garden some years back but only one survives now. It has just finished giving us berries. Quite a few too considering it is only one bush.

On the other hand, the numerous bushes on the allotment aren't ready to give fruit yet. Perhaps you have this later type Meg?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 06:04 PM

pp
Originally Posted by mart ->
One of the other allotmenteers knows a horse owner who will deliver the manure to us already bagged up.

I believe there are different types of Raspberries. One fruits earlier than the other. We had many of the early type bushes in the garden some years back but only one survives now. It has just finished giving us berries. Quite a few too considering it is only one bush.

On the other hand, the numerous bushes on the allotment aren't ready to give fruit yet. Perhaps you have this later type Meg?
....yes Mart they are autumn fruiting raspberries 'primocanes ' newly planted last spring so I am not really expecting much fruit this year.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

21-07-2021, 03:28 PM

Good blueberry pickings today, lots more on the bushes..

Edit: Had the first courgettes today too. Runner beans and French beans as well.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

22-07-2021, 11:23 AM

From the allotment today..

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-07-2021, 11:25 AM

How exciting, Mart! I'm going tomorrow to get my courgettes, potatoes, and squash. Cannot wait! Your carrots look lovely...mine didn't happen this year at all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top