Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 01:10 PM

Re: Neighbours.

Its the high sugar and cocoa. But you can get pet friendly versions of "chocolate". I think it appeals to humans to give it to the animals, rather than the animals liking it. No animal has come to me asking for a sweet
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I thought chocolate was toxic to cats and dogs?
Hi

I did not mention Chocolate at all for Pets.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That's true but I assumed it was merely a spelling mistake.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 01:13 PM

Hi

"She is absolutely lovely and comes round for a chocolte
treat"
Your words.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 01:16 PM

Hi

Simples, it keeps the idiots out.

The cat tunnel from next door is working.

She is an old cat, who loves tickles behind her ears

And treats birds as no threat

She is absolutely lovely and comes round for a chocolte
treat
I'm sorry but I think you did....? But hey, its ok if its a pet version of chocolate. They are not harmful...just the human stuff.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Hi

My apologies if I did not make it clear.

The nearly year old eats chocolate all the time.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 02:39 PM

Well the Razor Wire is now in place.

No more idiots trying their luck.

We have three gardens protected and the cat tunnel is working well.

She came in this morning for a treat, which she got.

She is far to old to chase the birds.

I am a happy Womble.
that brings back happy childhood memories!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I thought chocolate was toxic to cats and dogs?

It is but anyone who puts razor wire around their house clearly doesn’t care about any other living creatures
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 02:50 PM

Hi

My apologies if I did not make it clear.

The nearly year old eats chocolate all the time.
Really?
Well, read this
"A bar of chocolate may be a tasty treat for us humans, but you should never share it with your cat. Chocolate contains a chemical compound called theobromine which is toxic for cats and dogs. ... Therefore, eating just a couple of grams of chocolate can be fatal for a cat."
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 02:51 PM

I've just C&P'd this from the FAQs on RazorwireUK.com website. I suggest Swimmy read it to make sure his installation (and his general insurance) are covered.

Q: Are Wall spikes and Razor wire legal?

The simple answer is yes. However, there are several factors that should be considered before fitting. Although razor wire and wall spikes are very effective deterrents to intruders, careful consideration should be given to mitigate your liability should anyone injure themselves whether innocently (or not) on your property.

There are several laws on the matter, one of which is the Occupiers Liability Act 1984 which states that anyone who owns, or controls property has a legal duty of care to protect people on the property from foreseeable harm. This duty extends to people on the property without permission – including burglars and vandals.

To help discharge this duty we advise that clear warning signs such are displayed at sufficient intervals that they are undeniably visible and present a clear warning to potential trespassers. Additionally, these signs should be of sufficient design that wont deteriorate with time and are robust enough to withstand prolonged inclement weather and sun bleaching. Furthermore, the Razor wire or wall spikes should be located in a position that they are clearly visible, setting a trap or camouflaging the products would almost certainly create a potential legal issue should an intruder be harmed as a result.

Of course, it is not only intruders and trespassers who risk being injured by the Razor wire or Wall spikes. Householders owe a much greater duty of care to anyone on the property with permission including guests and people who have implied permission, such as the postman. Consider the danger posed to any children who may be visiting the property. If a child was injured after climbing on a wall fitted with Razor wire, the householder is very likely to have breached their duty of care.

The Criminal Justice Act 2003 provides some protection to householders. For instance if a trespasser suffers an injury during the course of a crime, for which they are subsequently convicted for, they will only be able to sue the occupier or landowner with the court’s permission. If it can be shown that there were adequate warning signs and the deterrent was clearly visible this is unlikely to be given.
Other Legal Restrictions

Section 164 of the Highways Act 1980 states that barbed wire (or Razor wire) on land adjoining a public highway must not cause a nuisance to humans or animals using the highway. Anything placed below 2.4 metres high will usually be deemed to be causing a nuisance and the local authority can issue a notice demanding its removal.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top