Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 09:45 AM

potting a rose.

I have a lovely patio rose just bought from the garden centre. it's in full bloom. It's in the garden centre's plastic pot at the moment.

I would love to pot it up in a new ceramic pot but did I ought to wait until it's finished flowering?
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 10:09 AM

Re: potting a rose.

Put some drainage in the base with suitable soil, but first place the plastic pot inside the ceramic one and then fill in all around the plastic one..ease the plant in the hole you have just made ...better still slightly loosen the soil around the rose before you put it in the ceramic one...the drainage can be broken pieces of a old pot or stones..so the hole will be the right size for it...
Keep well watered but not to drown it though...

that was a tad confusing...

Basically your making a hole that fits the rose without disturbing the root ball....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 05:47 PM

Re: potting a rose.

Thank you Dianne. I've done it & hoping for the best.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top