Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 10:46 AM

Re: No More Hiding Behind the UK's Skirt.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are not living in the 1940s and 50s.

We have moved on.

The UK Is no longer a major Manufacturing Country.

We are Service Based and have sold off our Manufacturing,

Time to get real and understand that.

We have no UK owned Car Manufacturers, or Steel.

Apart from Severn Trent, our Infrastructure is Foreign Owned.

We are not in control of our future.
We didn't sell off our manufacturing, a lot of it was moved to other parts of the EU by EU grants (our money) as incentives.

The reason the French and Spanish are also so prevalent in running our services is because of the EU competitive bidding process, where all major government and infrastructure projects have to be submitted for bidding by other companies and countries in the EU - we got out bid by countries deliberately (and illegally according to WTO rules) being subsidised by their governments.

Here is a quick reminder, just for you...

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with an EU grant.

Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with an EU loan.

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU support, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.

Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU support

British Army’s new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU support, rather than Britain.

Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU support.

Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.

Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.

ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs

Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using EU finance for the purchase.

JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU ‘regeneration’ grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.

UK airports are run/owned by a Spanish company.

Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.

Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.

The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.

etc etc etc.

Keep up defending the EU Swimmy !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We didn't sell off our manufacturing, a lot of it was moved to other parts of the EU by EU grants (our money) as incentives.

The reason the French and Spanish are also so prevalent in running our services is because of the EU competitive bidding process, where all major government and infrastructure projects have to be submitted for bidding by other companies and countries in the EU - we got out bid by countries deliberately (and illegally according to WTO rules) being subsidised by their governments.

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU support, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.

Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU support

British Army’s new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU support, rather than Britain.

Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.

Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.

ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs

Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using EU finance for the purchase.

JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU ‘regeneration’ grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.

The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.

etc etc etc.

Hi

I am not defending the EU.

Merely pointing out our own stupidity in selling off our Assets.

No other EU Country has done that

As regards your job as a Consultant, I would be worried.

You post so much crap and simply do not understand the implications.

I am Cool about Leaving, my choice, my decision.

I am quite prepared to take the hit.

No more Index linking of my Pension, no more Triple Lock.

I have a Pension of over £30k a year after Tax.

No Mortgage, no loans.

A Hard Brexit, Customs Checks, Health Certificates

Absolutely no problem for me.

I have EU Qualifications, updated and Current.

I can sign Certificates for a whole range of Exports.

Any thing other than meat.

I will be doing them for Free for the Locals.

I will charge for the rest.

Easily looked up, my stamp number ends in 3

From that, you can find out who I am.

My efforts to trace you as any form of Authorised Officer have ended in Failure.

You are not registered anywhere as any form of Qualified Person.

Just a chancer, who will lose your Job before the end of this year,
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 11:46 AM

Hi

I am not defending the EU.

Merely pointing out our own stupidity in selling off our Assets.

No other EU Country has done that

I am Cool about Leaving, my choice, my decision.

I am quite prepared to take the hit.

No more Index linking of my Pension, no more Triple Lock.

I have a Pension of over £30k a year after Tax.

No Mortgage, no loans.

A Hard Brexit, Customs Checks, Health Certificates

Absolutely no problem for me.

I have EU Qualifications, updated and Current.

I can sign Certificates for a whole range of Exports.

Any thing other than meat.

I will be doing them for Free for the Locals.

I will charge for the rest.

Easily looked up, my stamp number ends in 3

From that, you can find out who I am.

My efforts to trace you as any form of Authorised Officer have ended in Failure.

Swimmy, grow up and stop throwing insults around. If you want to know anything about me, just ask, I have no secrets, just don't put words into my mouth and lie about me on an internet forum.

So much for your top secret government job you couldn't tell anyone around then Looks like that was another load of cobblers
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 01:04 PM

Not that there seems to be much left to protect after the rape and pillage of most of our manufacturing etc by illegal goings-on (according to WTO rules) by the EU, I'm sure I read somewhere recently that Boris intends to bring in new protection rules that will stop foreign countries from buying up any more of our businesses after Brexit. Am I right?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Not that there seems to be much left to protect after the rape and pillage of most of our manufacturing etc by illegal goings-on (according to WTO rules) by the EU, I'm sure I read somewhere recently that Boris intends to bring in new protection rules that will stop foreign countries from buying up any more of our businesses after Brexit. Am I right?

I hope so
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

etc etc etc.

Yes, this clearly suggests a motive on the part of the EU to take all of our existing industry and transfer it to other EU countries by nefarious means.

How many European industries have been attracted to moving to the UK by the offer of EU grants, etc?

I think that, reading your list, it is obvious and undeniable that the EU are far from being our 'friends', and have been anti-British for a very long time and nothing to do with Brexit. I'd go so far as to suggest it is a financial and political attempt to effectively ruin the UK in order to achieve a complete take-over of our country. They couldn't manage to do it by military means 70 years ago, so they have realised that a far more effective means of achieving that is by taking over and removing our businesses.

If anyone is still in any doubt, this evidence should be persuasive beyond any doubt.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 02:08 PM

You come across as a despicable person in more ways than one. Not only in your manner but, if you recall, yesterday you publicly accused me of 'flinging insults':

#138 in this thread: https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...=66314&page=14

You have still failed to respond to my question regarding your accusation.

Now you're calling another member a 'chancer' who 'will lose his job at the end of the year'.

I think you should take a reality check and see just how condescending, rude and accusatory you are.

Needless to say, I and I'm sure no-one else expects any sort of apology from you. It is beyond your ability to do such a thing, yet you are perfectly happy to insult others.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-02-2020, 02:11 PM

I sincerely hope so.

So far, Boris has made all the right moves (except for HS2!). I hope to God (and I'm an atheist) that he doesn't do any 'volte faces' now he has the pubic's (or most of our) support.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Unfortunately for Solly, he has the European disease of Sniffy Superiosis.

It manifests itself mostly in an inability to respect another's point of view and it turns humour in to insults.

There's quite an epidemic on the continent.
You should read properly. I was referring to the small countries standing beside the UK in discussions within the EU fora. (discussions about your opt outs e.g.). Just another vision than hiding behind skirts.
Sometimes on this forum debates turn in another direction, just to keep the discussion going.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 03:00 PM

No. It's a problem for the UK that foreign investment decreases. According to government body UK Trade and Investment, the UK has an estimated stock of over £1 trillion of foreign direct investment (FDI), about half of which is from the EU. Only the United States and China receive more FDI than this.
FDI brings a number of benefits. It tends to raise productivity, which increases output and wages. It brings direct benefits as foreign firms are typically more productive and pay higher wages than domestic firms. And it brings indirect benefits as the new technological and managerial know-how introduced by foreign firms can be adopted by domestic firms, often through being part of multinationals’ supply chains. FDI can also increase competitive pressure, which forces managers to improve their performance.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top