Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 11:58 PM

Re: Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges being blocked?

It doesn't matter what they do someone will come up with a way to bypass it.

Remember when cartridges were first fitted with a chip that told the printer it was empty to try to stop people refilling them? It only took a a couple of weeks before someone came out with a cheap device to reset them.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:01 PM

Re: Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges being blocked?

When you can buy a high quality printer (e.g my Canon MG5250) for 30 quid, you can see what they're up to.

I bought mine in a local charity shop where it was described as new & had as full set of Canon cartridges.
I now suspect that someone bought it and then worked out the cost of running it - maybe he/she already knew that compats are off the table?

We shall see - I've bought a set of compats and will see what happens when the new Canon ones are empty.

The money is now in the ink pots.

But it won't work, for them, if they don't block out the compatibles.

Next printer, for me, will be one of those where you get all the ink in milk bottle sized containers.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top