Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 05:46 PM

Re: spam

Over the 7 years have had phone calls saying I was to be dismissed from my Internet account.

All the callers had an Indian accent.

How I replyed to them was in different ways.

One of the most nasty ones to a female spamer was to wish her children died of cancer.

Have not being troubled for over a year with them.

I find I do miss them always good for a piss take
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

One of the most nasty ones to a female spamer was to wish her children died of cancer

No matter how unpleasant the scammer is I think that is a pretty terrible thing to say to them

You can't really tell whether a call is genuine or not just by a "foreign accent" since many call centres for UK companies are based abroad plus many locally based CS agents weren't born here.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I love Spam. I 'm having Spam, egg .Spam. CHeese, Spam, bacon, sausage, Spam and Spam.
Yes, what an influence Monty Python and the Spam sketch has had on the World. So famous around the globe that the name 'Spam' (coming from sketch) is perhaps used universally to describe junk email.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Over the 7 years have had phone calls saying I was to be dismissed from my Internet account.

All the callers had an Indian accent.

How I replyed to them was in different ways.

One of the most nasty ones to a female spamer was to wish her children died of cancer.

Have not being troubled for over a year with them.

I find I do miss them always good for a piss take
That was a dreadful thing to say! Have you any friends? You beggar belief!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ha! As soon as I posted ^^ someone answered and sorted me out. Apparently it takes 24hrs to switch itself on then we're good to go. One thing I find a little scary, the technician I was talking to was based in BULGARIA!
I've set it up and it was running. That is until SWMBO answered a call this morning that didn't display the caller's number (her SiL). I was told in no uncertain terms, "Turn that bluddy thing off, or else." I know which side my bread's buttered. It's switched off, as is the answer machine (she'll just have to live with that for a few days/weeks).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've set it up and it was running. That is until SWMBO answered a call this morning that didn't display the caller's number (her SiL). I was told in no uncertain terms, "Turn that bluddy thing off, or else." I know which side my bread's buttered. It's switched off, as is the answer machine (she'll just have to live with that for a few days/weeks).
Come on, admit it. Wives always know best.

All husbands who value a quiet life know that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I don’t understand how people can fall for some of these scams. On the phone it is mostly recorded messages.
Even rare live calls, I can tell as most of the callers are foreign.
I like the one where they say your Bank account has been infiltrated.
I them ask what bank is that? That gets them stopped in their tracks.
I keep a whistle by the telephone and blow it loudly down the line to live spammers!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 07:40 PM

Anyone thinking that some hackers have got control of their email addresses might like to be reminded of the valid site which tells you if & how your email address has been passed on - or stolen.

It's here:-

https://haveibeenpwned.com

You just type in your email address - nothing else - and it will tell you if & how.

This is a respectable web page - it found one of my email addresses had been taken and I had to get a new one.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Come on, admit it. Wives always know best.

All husbands who value a quiet life know that.

Hen Pecked comes to mind
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Hen Pecked comes to mind
That's OK. I like hens.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top