Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 06:17 PM

Re: Ex-diplomat Warning to Brussels.

To start with, the interests of those Supreme Judges should have been made public. Didn’t some of them previously work on the ECJ? They would have to have done to get selected. Would they then have been on a “retainer” and a “pension”. The very fact that by the leave vote winning would mean they being taxed in the UK on that same pension would have been enough to frighten them

My understanding is that the interests of those Judges should have been made known before they were allowed to sit in judgement. They were selected by the likes of Blair, Brown, Cameron and May. One doesn’t need much guessing where their loyalties lay.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
To start with, the interests of those Supreme Judges should have been made public. Didn’t some of them previously work on the ECJ? They would have to have done to get selected. Would they then have been on a “retainer” and a “pension”. The very fact that by the leave vote winning would mean they being taxed in the UK on that same pension would have been enough to frighten them

My understanding is that the interests of those Judges should have been made known before they were allowed to sit in judgement. They were selected by the likes of Blair, Brown, Cameron and May. One doesn’t need much guessing where their loyalties lay.
I'm quite sure they will have big fat EU pensions.

They are all bent, SG. A complete disgrace to our country, our democracy and the decision that they allowed to give to the people.

I would like to see the decisions the supreme court has made in favour of the ECJ over the years investigated thoroughly. The public deserve the right to know just how much of our democracy was stitched up by these bastards.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The logical consequence of this, if it is allowed to continue, is the effective loss of democracy in this country.

I was always under the impression that laws were agreed and created in Parliament, not by the Supreme Court.

And another one who doesn't understand the principle of case law.
It's a typical british phenomenon, and I would agree with you that the continental judicial system is superior.
That's probably why many of your judges, including many in high courts, have worked in more civilised circumstances at european courts, like the ECJ.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Corrupt as well, eh? That wouldn't surprise me at all, and would answer a lot of questions.
Surely, there should be an investigation by the government, and if they fail to do that (perhaps because they, too, have 'certain interests'), an unofficial investigation by the press. That would certainly be worth a publication.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Corrupt as well, eh? That wouldn't surprise me at all, and would answer a lot of questions.
Surely, there should be an investigation by the government, and if they fail to do that (perhaps because they, too, have 'certain interests'), an unofficial investigation by the press. That would certainly be worth a publication.
The press too, have 'certain interests'. If I was to believe you JBR, the UK is a nest of corruption. Certainly you must be wrong?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top