Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 02:40 PM

Re: No Deal back on the Table.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
What deal would be a good deal Swimmy ?

In your opinion what do you think a FTA is worth the UK giving up to avoid the horrors of the Common External Tarrif ?

Bearing in mind you supported the Brexit Party who campaigned for no-deal in the General Election ...
Hi

I have been consistent throughout.

We need to Leave, my decision was not on Financial Reasons, it was on no further Integration, we are not here to subsidise the French Farmers or the German refusal to spend on defence.

That is a complete nonsense.

An EU Army horrifies me, as does continued subsidence of completely inefficient French Farmers.

They can swan off.

I do not want a single UK Person to lose their job over this.

I supported the Brexit Party, not because of No Deal, simply because they would not have sold us down the line like May and Boris.

I have consistently supported a simple FTA along the lines of Japan, South Korea and Canada.

This outcome will mean minimal redundancies, a No Deal will not.

If we have to go down the line of No Deal, then so be it.

It is not my first choice.

I will not however be dictated to by Merkel and Macron.

If it is a No Deal, then I firmly believe that all of us should share the pain.

Us Pensioners should not be immune, the Triple Lock has to go.

The price should be paid by all.

We will be fine in the long run, in the short term we all pay.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Was it ever off the table?
Not with boris setting in law he won't extent the transition period in order to close a trade deal.
However, if a deal on fisheries can be reached by the deadline of july this year, there may be a chance.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Not with boris setting in law he won't extent the transition period in order to close a trade deal.
However, if a deal on fisheries can be reached by the deadline of july this year, there may be a chance.
Hi

Nope

Fisheries are an irrelevance in Financial Terms.

In reality, they are a huge issue.

We could easily come to a deal with the Netherlands about them.

You catch fish we do not eat, no great shakes.

A benefit to both you and us.

Macron and the French can swan off, we will not be dictated to.

Time for the Netherlands and Denmark to step up, you can have our Herring, Mackerel and Sprats, you eat them, we do not.

The French can swan off.

We are long term allies of the Dutch and Danish, we wish you no harm.

Time for you to put the French in their place.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 03:40 PM

Initially we only joined for trading between us and Europe, then the Damn foreign politicians decided it was a chance to grab power which they did. So we are only trying to get back to how we joined. They are the cause of all the problems , no wonder they killed off their royality in the past . Power hungry Bast*rds
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope

Fisheries are an irrelevance in Financial Terms.

In reality, they are a huge issue.

We could easily come to a deal with the Netherlands about them.

You catch fish we do not eat, no great shakes.

A benefit to both you and us.

Macron and the French can swan off, we will not be dictated to.

Time for the Netherlands and Denmark to step up, you can have our Herring, Mackerel and Sprats, you eat them, we do not.

The French can swan off.

We are long term allies of the Dutch and Danish, we wish you no harm.

Time for you to put the French in their place.
It's an option, but wouldn't such a deal be on wto terms, so with tarifs?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

continued subsidence of completely inefficient French Farmers.

This outcome will mean minimal redundancies, a No Deal will not.
First of all, many French farms are inefficient because of the French inheritance laws, which, as far as I can remember, say something along the lines that each descendant has an equal share in their father's farm and so on down the line. This means that if a farmer with 4 children started with 1000 hectares, on his death, each of the children would inherit 250 hectares. If each of these new "farmers" had 2 children then, on their death these children would inherit 125 hectares, and so on. This horrible law has resulted in many, many hundred, if not thousands, of farms that are little more than 3 or 4 hectares in size and no where big enough to grow any crops or raise animals efficiently.

As for a No Deal leading to redundancies, how do you work that one out SF?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-02-2020, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
First of all, many French farms are inefficient because of the French inheritance laws, which, as far as I can remember, say something along the lines that each descendant has an equal share in their father's farm and so on down the line. This means that if a farmer with 4 children started with 1000 hectares, on his death, each of the children would inherit 250 hectares. If each of these new "farmers" had 2 children then, on their death these children would inherit 125 hectares, and so on. This horrible law has resulted in many, many hundred, if not thousands, of farms that are little more than 3 or 4 hectares in size and no where big enough to grow any crops or raise animals efficiently.

As for a No Deal leading to redundancies, how do you work that one out SF?
You're not productive enough, making the product you manage to produce are not competitive. The EU membership made it possible for you to trade anyway. In a no deal situation you are out-competed by other countries, leading to closing of factories and laying off workers.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 09:01 PM

You're not productive enough, making the product you manage to produce are not competitive. The EU membership made it possible for you to trade anyway. In a no deal situation you are out-competed by other countries, leading to closing of factories and laying off workers.

You should see the yellow vest movement in Spain and what Spanish farmers are up in arms about.

Something to do with reduced EU subsidies

As I predicted
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-02-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You should see the yellow vest movement in Spain and what Spanish farmers are up in arms about.

Something to do with reduced EU subsidies

As I predicted
Precicted? Where? Take your pick: https://www.over50sforum.com/search....archid=4175096
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 10:27 PM

Precicted? Where? Take your pick: https://www.over50sforum.com/search....archid=4175096

My austerity posts ...

Like I said, read them you will learn something

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top