Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:58 PM

Re: Special Fridge Shelf for Vegans?

Just be a good example and be considerate in all that you do - whether you are an omnivore...or a vegan. Militant veganism in the workplace is not going to incline people to your thinking.

My vegetarian daughter happened to have a hamburger fundraiser at her college a couple of weeks ago. Instead of pitching a fit, she offered to supply plant-based patties and was met with encouragement by the other members of her organization. With vegan burgers as an inexpensive option, many students and faculty tried them who said they had never tasted veggie burger before. (Admittedly, it probably didn't hurt that she was selling them while it was a couple of guys who were selling the regular burgers )

If one of the premises of veganism/vegetarianism is kindness and compassion, you have to model it - and not be a pain in the neck.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I like vegan food, I like all sorts of food, when done nicely.

I didn't know veganism was a belief ....
I know you are kidding, but you are absolutely right; it's not. It's just part of the lifestyle of people who have various religious/philosophical beliefs.

There is no such thing as eating without killing something.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Just be a good example and be considerate in all that you do - whether you are an omnivore...or a vegan. Miltant veganism in the workplace is not going to incline people to your thinking.

My vegetarian daughter happened to have a hamburger fundraiser at her college a couple of weeks ago. Instead of pitching a fit, she offered to supply plant-based patties and was met with encouragement by the other members of her organization. With vegan burgers as an inexpensive option, many students and faculty tried them who said they had never tasted veggie burger before. (Admittedly, it probably didn't hurt that she was selling them while it was a couple of guys who were selling the regular burgers )

If one of the premises of veganism/vegetarianism is kindness and compassion, you have to model it - and not be a pain in the neck.
You're one of the rare sensible ones.......
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
Your lack of understanding suggests that you are not a vegan.
Do you believe that only majorities are entitled to have their beliefs respected?
After saying that, you must definitely be a remainer Xandra??
Donkeyman!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 08:12 PM

What on earth has being a Vegan have to do with Brexit?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Just be a good example and be considerate in all that you do - whether you are an omnivore...or a vegan. Miltant veganism in the workplace is not going to incline people to your thinking.

Whilst I commend your attitude SM, I have never thought that l had
to consider all those things before l took a bite??
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

19-02-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What on earth has being a Vegan have to do with Brexit?
I dont know??
Donkeyman!
Perhaps there is an anology there?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

19-02-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Whilst I commend your attitude SM, I have never thought that l had
to consider all those things before l took a bite??
Donkeyman!
In fairness, I much don't either. All that matters is that we try to be decent to each other in this very crowded cage .
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 09:35 PM

Veganism is far more than a diet, it is a way of life that denounces all forms of exploitation of animals, whether for food, fashion or entertainment.
Yes vegans are a minority group at present but it is a rapidly growing one as can be seen by the sudden explosion of vegan foods in our supermarkets and even all the fast food outlets.
As to your rather bizarre Brexit question Donkeyman your guess is incorrect! I am neither Leaver nor Remainer as I didn't vote and have little interest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I like vegan food, I like all sorts of food, when done nicely.

I didn't know veganism was a belief ....
It's not. It's an alien race... from the planet Vega.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top