Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 11:07 AM

Shower recommendations needed

My Triton Entice 10.5 Kw Electric shower has broken and isn't providing any hot water!! I'm told it can't be fixed - replacement only and the options I've been given so far are:

Triton 10.5 kw TATZ - which is around £120 + VAT
or
Mira Jump 10.5 kw - which is around £130 + VAT

Can anyone recommend either of these - or suggest others?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 11:14 AM

Re: Shower recommendations needed

Will cost you more but.

Get a shower that comes of hot your water system if you can.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Will cost you more but.

Thanks Galty but as far as I'm aware that isn't possible. 1960's house which originally had a gas boiler & water heater. Replaced with a combi boiler (in garage) and the pipes go all around the place before hitting the bathroom!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Will cost you more but.

I have a Mira that does that. An Event x8. (No doubt there is a more modern version.) Had it for years, it's always been very reliable, have had two shower trays since the original fitted, but still the same shower attachment.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks Galty but as far as I'm aware that isn't possible. 1960's house which originally had a gas boiler & water heater. Replaced with a combi boiler (in garage) and the pipes go all around the place before hitting the bathroom!
That is a problem.

My Combi is in the kitchen with the bath room above.

When I used to fit them years ago always recomended and fitted Mira.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 01:04 PM

Is a hot water system shower better if you don't have a combi? Or is it just for combi households?
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-02-2020, 01:45 PM

I think the rules dictated that my combi should be fitted in the garage at the time. Wretched nuisance but frankly, there's not much space in the kitchen unless I loose a cupboard or two.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:28 PM

Not being a heating enginneer or plumber so I may have this wrong. Recently I had a new boiler, the equivalent of a combi-boiler but for oil. The hot water supply prior to that was from a very old boiler or the immersion heater. That was different to what it is now. However, now the hot water in kitchen, utility room and bathroom is 'heated on demand' via that new combi-boiler so if there's a hot water supply to the bathroom basin and bath taps, wouldn't connecting to that in the bathroom supply a shower with hot water from the existing hot water supply from the combi-boiler? That would then be the same as the existing hot water supply to the basin and bath taps.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-02-2020, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Not being a heating enginneer or plumber so I may have this wrong. Recently I had a new boiler, the equivalent of a combi-boiler but for oil. The hot water supply prior to that was from a very old boiler or the immersion heater. That was different to what it is now. However, now the hot water in kitchen, utility room and bathroom is 'heated on demand' via that new combi-boiler so if there's a hot water supply to the bathroom basin and bath taps, wouldn't connecting to that in the bathroom supply a shower with hot water from the existing hot water supply from the combi-boiler? That would then be the same as the existing hot water supply to the basin and bath taps.
You're right. A boiler means heated water on demand. BUT.....the disadvantage of a house originally with hot water tank (immersion) and boiler in the kitchen, then replaced with a combi boiler in the garage - the pipework goes all around the house before reaching the kitchen sink or bathroom - so running hot water takes longer!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
You're right. A boiler means heated water on demand. BUT.....the disadvantage of a house originally with hot water tank (immersion) and boiler in the kitchen, then replaced with a combi boiler in the garage - the pipework goes all around the house before reaching the kitchen sink or bathroom - so running hot water takes longer!
It was just a thought as yes, mine does take longer, the pipe runs are longer but I still find it's OK. Previously the hot water had to come either direct from the immersion heater upstairs or from the boiler downstairs, this also depended on those being turned on. Now it comes direct from the boiler which is still downstairs. The difference, although still noticeable, I don't find is really a problem. No idea of how this would be for a shower I have to admit. Once the hot water reaches the bath or basin taps that should be constant until they are turned off, the same with the shower while it's working. My shower is an electric one which has been working OK for over ten years now so as yet I've not had that problem. The only thing with electric showers now apparently, so I've been told, is that 'power showers' are no longer available as they use too much water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top