Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:38 PM

Re: Tribute to Izzy

Thanks everyone.
Quite a lot of things in my little garden are memories of people or pets I have lost.
A while back I saw a particular rose my ex husband used to love, so I bought it.
When I repotted it I buried a note to him underneath the roots, it was my way of saying goodbye.
I have a lovely Weigela from another friend who passed, and a beautiful Rhodedendron I dug up from my old German Shepherd's grave to bring with me when I moved here.
I've got no end of houseplants which are cuttings from my dear old Mum's plants she loved too, and until recently I even kept a lovely pale pink geranium going for over 10 years which had belonged to a dear old soul I used to look after.

Some will think I'm off me trolley, but these things are beautiful to look at and hold memories too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks everyone.
Quite a lot of things in my little garden are memories of people or pets I have lost.
A while back I saw a particular rose my ex husband used to love, so I bought it.
When I repotted it I buried a note to him underneath the roots, it was my way of saying goodbye.
I have a lovely Weigela from another friend who passed, and a beautiful Rhodedendron I dug up from my old German Shepherd's grave to bring with me when I moved here.
I've got no end of houseplants which are cuttings from my dear old Mum's plants she loved too, and until recently I even kept a lovely pale pink geranium going for over 10 years which had belonged to a dear old soul I used to look after.

Some will think I'm off me trolley, but these things are beautiful to look at and hold memories too.
Mups I think that is lovely having a garden of memories ... what a wonderful idea idea.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 07:28 AM

Mups how wonderful .
As Mags so beautifully put it a garden of memories .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 02:05 PM

Thank you Muddy.

This is 'Pip's Camellia' which has looked lovely this spring.
She was my old rescue Lurcher who died back in 2016, ages 17. Such a gentle soul she was.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 02:27 PM

That’s a beautiful pink, Mups - a lovely tribute to your lovely ‘girl’.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top