Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:00 PM

garage clearout (at last)

decided it was about time I sorted out some of the garage. If you remember Sue had to run an extn power lead from one side and end to the other for spare fridge and freezer. Well no more. There was a live " outside" type power socket inside the garage ( don't ask why) and a dead double socket outlet underneath. Yes this is crazy but that was the last owner of this place, I think he had a screw loose.

Well now I change it, the outside one has gone and the double socket is now live, so no more cables across the garage floor, and at this end not the other.

still got more sorting to do but at least it is a start. Looks like trip to the dump soon.

Don't know why we have a spare microwave, Sue may be able to explain why

Also found old tape cassets -dog bench guard for dog shows - empty cardboxes etc all thrown out now
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:11 PM

Re: garage clearout (at last)

Well done - you can start on mine anytime you like!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:12 PM

We moved house about a year ago. The new house is bigger and just neater. But we don't have all the storage cubby holes so we, too are de-cluttering. Much of it is going to a charity.

I have a hand made violin over a hundred years old that may end up on ebay.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:31 PM

AH yes but look at the floor, nothing to do with me it was that silly bugger that had the place before

This is the extn he had put on the back of the garage , incorperating an old summer house, but didn't put down a damp proof membrane first, so consequently the floor gets a bit wet as the joints show. This floor was lowered so he could get his big camper van in. Yet another bodge job done by his building firm

I have thought about doing it myself putting a membrane over it all and then a proper floor but to be honest can't be really bothered

Still now at least we can reach the far end easier. The cars are behind the place where the photo was taken. Behind the wood wall on the right is my workshop
if I could afford it I would have the whole area stripped out to one level and new floor laid. At the moment it is a place to dump things in

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top