Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 04:15 PM

Re: Naturally wild horses

As I said before, read Ginger's articles. The Cloud Foundation & others have many people who visit the wild horses, to photograph them & enjoy them in the wild.
Do you by any chance work for the BLM?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 04:22 PM

This is another group who are trying to preserve the wild horses.
http://www.sandwashbasin.com/?fbclid...vhEZQ2gSfSKyiY
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 04:44 PM

Do we not have wild horses in the UK - Dartmoor, Exmoor and the New Forest?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

28-02-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Do we not have wild horses in the UK - Dartmoor, Exmoor and the New Forest?
Yes, but they are owned by farmers or people.
American wild horses are owned by all Americans, they are a public resource managed by the BLM, Bureau Of Land Management for all the people of America.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
As I said before, read Ginger's articles. The Cloud Foundation & others have many people who visit the wild horses, to photograph them & enjoy them in the wild.
Do you by any chance work for the BLM?
I have a suggestion for those hysterical activists. Let them buy a parcel of land, say 30 Km X 30 Km, fence it off, and then they may take responsibility for the horses contained within. When the population of the horses grows too large for that parcel, and the horses become diseased, and are dying of starvation, then perhaps they will learn something. But, I doubt that they will ever learn. Activists must always be right.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, but they are owned by farmers or people.
American wild horses are owned by all Americans, they are a public resource managed by the BLM, Bureau Of Land Management for all the people of America.
Thank you, Tiffany, I wasn't sure.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

28-02-2020, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I have a suggestion for those hysterical activists. Let them buy a parcel of land, say 30 Km X 30 Km, fence it off, and then they may take responsibility for the horses contained within. When the population of the horses grows too large for that parcel, and the horses become diseased, and are dying of starvation, then perhaps they will learn something. But, I doubt that they will ever learn. Activists must always be right.
Some have already saved horses from the holding yards, those that have ample land & the wild horses they saved are roaming free. They look after them too.

For someone who seems to love horses you don't seem to care what happens to your countries wild population.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 08:36 PM

I read that the Ted Turner ranches had taken some of these horses .
One ranch took in 1000 mares and geldings .
So with no stallions these horses will live in a wild environment but will not breed .
As horses easily live until 20 years old it they will have 20 yeas of life .

https://www.capjournal.com/news/wild...915840088.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 08:40 PM

The problem of surplus horses is widespread .
In the U.K. we have the disgraceful ‘wastage ‘ caused by overbreeding in the racehorse industry .
Many are sent to slaughter without ever racing for the pet food trade
We are a nation of animal lovers many cats and dogs .
I wonder how many people actually think about where their pet food comes from?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

28-02-2020, 10:30 PM

There are rescue places here that take in ex race horses & rehabilitate them to do other things like eventing & show jumping. I don't know how many, nor how many never get saved, but at least in this country we do slaughter horses humanely.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top