Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:28 AM

Re: Indian scammers - BBC Panorama

I have had several, which I do not answer from a Hull area number.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:36 AM

The silence at the beginning of the call normally gives it away. It takes a couple of seconds before they speak.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 03:30 PM

If there is no voice as soon as I pick up, I put the receiver straight down.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 01:26 PM

At last, one Indian `call-centre` has been raided and the scammers involved arrested.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 11:32 PM

How Indian scammers get a hold of UK phone numbers so when you have caller ID it displays a UK phone number, is that they use Call Forwarding or Call Divert companies based in the UK. If you do a google search you will find hundreds of them offering services to businesses both within the UK and outside of it. The thing is they are legitimate businesses too and they offer very cheap rates based on how many phone lines you want to hire/rent/lease.

All the scammer has to do is bluff their way into getting one of these companies to think they are a dealing with a legitimate business and away they go. They ring from India into this call forwarding/divert company, this company then diverts/forwards the call to the UK number the scammer dialed. When the victim sees the caller ID on the phone, they will notice it will be a UK number. The Call divert/forwarding company will most probably be paid with a stolen credit card, details that have probably been bought off the black market.

Remember, it is against the law listen in on someone else phone call (unless they have given you permission). Which means the UK company providing the call divert/forwarding services will have no idea they their services are being used by scammers. Not even BT are allowed to listen in on your phones calls unless they have a court order telling them they can. Which is why the scammers can get away with using the UK phone network to their advantage because they know no one is allowed to listen in on the calls they are making thus preventing them from getting shut down quicker.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 11:34 PM

Had them for years I tell them to catch cancer.

Not nice I admit.

But if you can find this on UT

Some one they target to give them acces to his computer he let happen and then he put a virus on their com and shut them down he was then offered money by the scammers remove it

Will try to find it...was a few years ago
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 11:53 PM

Not the one but found it funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viJvJfOVnWc

Or this one I found a bit funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLzgQ35s9Os

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top