Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 11:33 PM

Re: Suet in "spotted dick"

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If they are seriously suggesting that old dish is now called Spotted Richard, does that mean to say any men called Richard must no longer be called Dick either?
May I suggest that you do not pay any attention to those wackos ? Certainly it is wrong to call a black man a ni**er, but the dish, "spotted dick", can not be insulted
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
May I suggest that you do not pay any attention to those wackos ? Certainly it is wrong to call a black man a ni**er, but the dish, "spotted dick", can not be insulted

OK. You're probably right.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If they are seriously suggesting that old dish is now called Spotted Richard, does that mean to say any men called Richard must no longer be called Dick either?
No! especially if the man is big.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It's called irony.
Aw, Bless, d00d, I assure you I wasn't referring to you in any way when I mentioned 'PC Idiots'. I had heard about them wanting the name changed to Spotted Richard, months ago.
It's only now that the subject has been brought up again that I
cannot help but speak of them with the disdain they so deserve.

I say again to those pleasure destroyers - GET A LIFE and leave our famous Pudding alone!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
and to think we grew up with Roger the Dodger
And muffin the Mule.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top