Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 07:20 PM

Re: Self Isolation Supplies

Gin!

We are out in the sticks and I have always had a well stocked cupboard and larder (and bar ) I bought extra toilet rolls months and months ago because I read there was a paper pulp shortage and there may be supply problems.
We were in Asda and Tesco yesterday and you'd have thought the end of the world was nigh! A lot of empty shelves, no rice or pasta to be had anywhere and no toilet rolls. A guy in Asda wheeled in a new pallet of toilet rolls and they were gone within 2 minutes!

I was in our local charity shop today looking at the books and the guy behind the counter was saying he was in Tesco and saw a guy pushing his trolley and another guy reached over and lifted something out of his trolley and put it in his own because he had two of them!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Real coffee
Biscuits: Ginger nut, shortbread etc
Biscuits: Cheddars, in abundance
Multiple portions of homemade soups: frozen.
Multiple portions of homemade mince & onions: frozen
Duck breasts: frozen
Pork sausages: frozen
Kerrygold butter, cheese selection
Fruit & veg
Dried fruit
Brazil nuts, almonds, pecans, peanuts.
Granary bread, sliced & frozen.
Marmite
Snickers: multipacks
Gallons of fine red wine.
Can I self isolate with you d00d? (Chuck out the marmite though)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Who with, Annie?

dates always made me lively Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

dates always made me lively Mags.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-03-2020, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well anyone with a warehouse of toilet rolls would be top of the list!
KENNY!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-03-2020, 09:12 PM

Just a thought but whenever I have been ill with a virus (which is not that often) , the last thing I wanted was food.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:12 PM

Over the last three weeks I have stocked my pantry and freezer to feed my wife and I for six weeks. I live in a hurricane zone, so I usually keep two weeks of non-perishable good on hand in the Summer.

It cost nothing to have long shelf life food in the pantry rather than in the grocery store, it is just a matter of when you pay for it.

After this is over, I will draw the supply back down to two weeks. No harm, no foul. (unless of course if I die of the virus, I will have pissed away a lot of money that I planned to take with me)
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:13 PM

I have dates with my wife once a week, although with the virus, they will be at home for the foreseeable future.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 02:37 AM

I have absolutely no idea why in the world people are hoarding toilet paper. Jeez, it's not like we are having a plague of dysentery.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-03-2020, 03:45 PM

Just remember not to store your toilet roll hoard in the freezer. It will be useless.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top