Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:36 PM

Re: ever deleted a wanted photo in camera ?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ah.....but is it realspeed?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:41 PM

post deleted only as I was going to say replies are going a bit of the heading
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:56 PM

It's frightening what data can be recovered, if you have the right software, a mate of mine works for a certain organisation, his job is data recovery, it can be anything from deleted images on a paedophiles laptop, to call data from a murderers mobile phone. He was telling me the lengths some people go to in an attempt to'lose' data, most times he can recover it, then again the software he has costs thousands, he doesn't pay for it.
I decided to have a go myself and downloaded some software off the net, the free version, and to be honest it frightened me!
I had an old smartphone, I'd cleared all the data off it ages ago, I'd even done a factory reset, that's cleared it right? Wrong! Using this free stuff I was able to recover sufficient info to see, how many calls had been made since the phone was new, a list of the last 50 text messages, the names but not the messages, and several other things. If I bought the licenced version (not too dear) it would, it assured me, give me the full details of everything on the phone, or I'd get a refund.
I know we're told to try and repurpose stuff, but with something like this it makes you not want to, interestingly enough, electronic data recording equipment, phones, laptops, camera's and such are one of the few things that are exempt from the 'return to finder if not claimed' thing, you know, you find something, report it to the police and if the rightful owner doesn't claim it then after so long it becomes yours.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 08:54 PM

I never dispose of my old computers/mobile phones without first applying a hammer or removing the hard drive disk, by force if necessary....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top