Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:58 PM

Re: Are you a vegetarian?

I'm a fully paid up member of the omnivore club. If it's edible, I'll try it once and, if I like it, I'll add it to the list of things I'll eat again in the future. Two of the very few things I will not eat are roast lamb (the smell alone is enough to make me puke) and durian fruit (tried it, smells of fetid, fermenting cess pits).
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'm a fully paid up member of the omnivore club. If it's edible, I'll try it once and, if I like it, I'll add it to the list of things I'll eat again in the future. Two of the very few things I will not eat are roast lamb (the smell alone is enough to make me puke) and durian fruit (tried it, smells of fetid, fermenting cess pits).
This is the food topic Percy not the omnivirus thread?😋😋

Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 08:53 PM

We went vegan tonight ... curry paste designed for chicken but absolutely delish with veg ... served with basmati.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 10:59 PM

I'm not a vegie but we often have non meat dishes and I like cooking them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Never heard of that one - but, after your graphic description, I think I will give it a miss!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Vegetarian we are not. My dear wife is an excellent cook.
Tonight is to be teriyaki salmon.
Now that is one of my favourite dishes!
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:35 AM

I was a vegetarian from childhood and now a vegan of several years.
Although in the beginning it was for ethical reasons at the thought of killing things now the very thought or smell is very off putting.
I suppose it's like people giving up sugar in tea and never having it again.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:46 AM

I really would like to be a vegetarian solely because of the horror of animal slaughter .
I don’t eat pork i love pigs .
I wish there was a gentle humane way to kill animals for food.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Never heard of that one - but, after your graphic description, I think I will give it a miss!
I've never seen one for sale in this country Tabbs so I think you are safe.. It's a SE Asian fruit, mainly Malaysia and Thailand I think. I used to travel to Malaysia a lot for work and you could always tell when the durian was in season - the stink in the street markets was horrendous. Hotels and public transport have a total ban on them. I've be told the variety grown in Thailand isn't quite so smelly.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 03:20 PM

Nope, not a vegetarian and have no intentions of becoming one either though we do usually have several meatfree dinners a week.
Absolutely love roast lamb! 😜 Roast anything really, even veg!

Our circle of friends and family is a right PITA to cater for these days! Some have always been fussy eaters, some are intolerant to some things and some just by lifestyle choice. We used to have lots of gatherings round the dining room table. These days I really can't be bothered, and it's actually quite stressful between dairy free, lactose free, no red meat, no meat of any kind, bottled water only, no s.hemisphere wine, organic wine only, nut milk, oat milk, no butter, gluten free, organic everything...and that's just the adults, don't start me on the grandchildren!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top