Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:26 PM

An egg question?

This is for all eggspert members on cooking etc.

When you soft boil an egg, which is the right end to put into an egg cup? Do you put the small round in the egg cup or is it more correct to put the large round end in the cup ?

this has been a lifetime dilemma for me as I don't know which is right. I don't want to look an idiot. Also should one tap or slice to take the top off?

Please help
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:28 PM

Re: An egg question?

Contentious or what
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:33 PM

Decisions, decisions!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:56 PM

You absolutely have to put the big end in the cup. If the egg were wearing underpants they would be on the big end. The narrower top is like the head which you crack open in a violent manner. Or you can slice it off with a knife if you prefer a more clinical method of decapitation.

Putting the egg upside down is a bit like putting the toilet roll the wrong way around so that paper comes from under it rather than from over it. It's a total no-no and will turn the world to chaos.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 12:00 AM

AnnieS

Would that not make the egg unstable in a smallish egg cup, I can see it falling out ?
same as putting a small egg the small end into a larger cup you wouldn't be able to slice the top so easily.

You see my dilemma
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two eggs in a pan of boiling water,

One says to the other "Wow its getting hot in here"

The other replied" Wait till you are taken out, they smash your head in"
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 12:05 AM

Read "Gulliver's Travels" they had quite a debate about it in there!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-03-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Read "Gulliver's Travels" they had quite a debate about it in there!

Seen the film on TV. So what is your solution to help me out?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 12:15 AM

Get a bigger egg cup!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-03-2020, 12:18 AM

If a peacock laid its egg in next doors garden, who would it belong to?

Answer

No one it is only peahens that lay eggs.

Still worried I am doing it wrong with the egg and cup query
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 12:35 AM

You put it in the cup any way you want to. If it suits you to put it in small end first well why not?..It's your egg. I don't use egg cups me. I boil it then chop it in half and scoop it out on to toast. Easy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top