Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Re: Bread making during crisis

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
bakerman
You are so out of touch with shopping. They do not have anything in the shops to make bread with here in the UK.

Hi

We are making soda bread.

Very easy and uses common ingredients.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/simple-soda-bread
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 10:12 AM

One does not pile up bread making ingredients only what is needed
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are making soda bread.

Very easy and uses common ingredients.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/simple-soda-bread
Good idea Swimmy it isn't a keeper but great fresh from the oven and so easy to make...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 10:15 AM

Interesting thread BM, thanks
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
bakerman
You are so out of touch with shopping. They do not have anything in the shops to make bread with here in the UK.
Nonsense. Unless you are alluding to supermarket shelves being stripped bare because of Covid-19, every supermarket sells strong white and wholemeal flours as well as dried yeast. I used to make my own regularly before I clamped down on my bread intake. Looks like I'll have to start making it again.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:24 PM

I'd be happy if I could get some yeast, it's all sold out! A client of mine has a grain store holding litterally thousands of tons of group one wheat, there's also a mill in the laboratory, ok it would be whole grain flour, but I could make as much as I needed, I just can't get the yeast.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
I'd be happy if I could get some yeast, it's all sold out! A client of mine has a grain store holding litterally thousands of tons of group one wheat, there's also a mill in the laboratory, ok it would be whole grain flour, but I could make as much as I needed, I just can't get the yeast.
https://www.thebertinetkitchen.com/p...t-mini-blocks/
Mine arrived this morning in its little cold bag with a sell by date of 11 April, it freezes well and although soft when it thaws that isn't a problem you just need to use a little more...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top