Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 07:51 AM

fighting Rooks

Just had to tap on the window to stop a rook fight .
Two had one pinned down on his back .
They were fighting over a fat ball .
Despite the fact there are plenty hanging in feeders in the garden

It brought to mind corona virus supermarket shopping .
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 08:45 AM

Re: fighting Rooks

I have a similar problem with woodpeckers. They fight over my nuts (peanuts) while the rest of the wee birds have to stand by and wait till they leave.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:30 AM

I have a similar problem in my garden with a battle over peanuts - but the perpetrators here are pigeons!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:40 AM

The most vicious fighting between birds I have ever seen is between magpies. Usually it involves just two with others seemingly gathered as spectators. It's not food they fight over so I guess it's each other, all very nasty though with the strongest one pinning the loser down on its back. Claws and beaks can be seen being used as 'weapons', really nasty fights they are.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top