Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 06:56 AM

Re: One Loaf of Bread Left.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The Poles have been leaving quietly for the last year. But the virus will be the end of such shops. No footfall and no deliveries.
Hi

You are correct in that many are leaving, especially in the cities and with the closure of Pubs, Restaurants etc where many of the serving staff are EU Citizens.

Locally, we have had one of the three close.

The two remaining will not be closing.

They are family businesses and will still have deliveries.

The Polish Bakeries are here in the UK, we do not import bread from Poland.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Any fruit left?
Yep, loads of fruit Tiff, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, and a few things I couldn't spell....
People are not desperate enough yet to buy the fruit, or perhaps it won't last as long as a tin of beans so they are giving fruit the swerve for now.......
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yep, loads of fruit Tiff, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, and a few things I couldn't spell....
People are not desperate enough yet to buy the fruit, or perhaps it won't last as long as a tin of beans so they are giving fruit the swerve for now.......
Fruit will give you your five a day too, OGF.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 01:24 PM

Fruit will give you your five a day too, OGF.
Urgggggh.....Although I do have an apple every day....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 01:25 PM

I eat more fruit that I do veg, you don't have to cook it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-03-2020, 01:28 PM

I eat more fruit that I do veg, you don't have to cook it.
I hate getting my hands all sticky with oranges, plums, and bananas are hard to digest......
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 01:29 PM

We eat fruit of some type with every meal, but it's difficult to make a bacon sandwich with...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

21-03-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We eat fruit of some type with every meal, but it's difficult to make a bacon sandwich with...
I love bacon sandwiches. Eat the fruit as an after, Barry.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-03-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Have you noticed that at some places they put a few slices of orange or other fruit on the plate with eggs and bacon for breakfast. I must say that it goes very well Barry....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

21-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Have you noticed that at some places they put a few slices of orange or other fruit on the plate with eggs and bacon for breakfast. I must say that it goes very well Barry....
At a cafe I go to sometimes they make the best salad I've ever tasted with grapes & orange & strawberries in season, it's delicious.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top